Chef De Cuisine
Devil's Thumb Ranch
Winter Park , CO 80482
Posted 2 months ago
- 128 hours of Paid Time Off if FT, Year Round employment status
- Affordable furnished housing, if working a minimum of 35 hours/week or more
- Health, Dental & Life & Vision Insurances, plus 401k Employer Match of up to $2,000 annually--if FT, Year-Round employment status
- Employer-sponsored monthly events such as Avalanche, Rockies& Nuggets games, Zip-lining, Snow-tubing, Hiking, Bowling, Recreation Center, etc.
- Employer-sponsored Softball and Hockey leagues
- Wellness Program opportunities including meditation, complimentary daily Yoga, trail running & mountain-biking workshops
- 25% discounts at all Devil's Thumb Ranch restaurants, activities including Trail Rides, and Spa Treatments
- Discounted Winter Park Ski Resort season pass (available annually in season)or 1/2 price Grand Park Rec Center Pass
- Referral bonus of $250 if we hire someone you refer
"The mountains are calling and I must go..." for more than just a weekend! Join a growing, fast-paced team of hardworking, passionate, and adventurous individuals who strive to improve themselves and the Ranch every day. From multiple food & beverage outlets, to the stables, to the Spa, Devil's Thumb Ranch offers many "spokes" of opportunity to keep the wagon wheel turnin'.Our mission at Devils Thumb Ranch is to offer guests and employees the true, premier Colorado experience. Working here means surrounding yourself with the great outdoors and the rugged individualism the West has always been known for. Living in Grand County offers opportunities to visit Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Lake, Lake Granby and Winter Park Ski Resort. From epic mountain biking to the growing music scene, its a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to strengthen your skills across a variety of departments in an incredible setting.By joining the team, you'll benefit from some of the same special experiences that make the Ranch an unsurpassed guest retreat: access to hiking and Nordic ski trails, discounts at all restaurant outlets, and fun, free employee events. Other great perks that come with the gig include: discounts on lodging, activities, meals and spa treatments, along with transitional affordable housing and free shuttle service.Devil's Thumb Ranch is the choice Colorado employer that you have been searching for. Join us!Principal Purpose of Job:
The Chef De Cuisine supervises and coordinates activities of prep cooks, line cooks and other back-of house staff for Volario's Italian Restaurant in Winter Park, CO.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Chef De Cuisine is responsible for observing staff engaged in preparing, portioning and garnishing of all savory and pastry foods to ensureproper methods of cooking.
- Maintains all hiring, training and SOP's for the outlet.
- Works in conjunction with the Executive Chef and other Chef De Cuisines & Sous Chefs to provide training and direction to all kitchen workers.
- Makes daily specials.
- Works with Executive Chef on seasonal menu changes to include all menu descriptions, order guides and staff training.
- Controls food waste and maintains food inventory.
- Assumes responsibility for all kitchens in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Knowledge of proper storage and handling of food, including dating & labeling.
- Knowledge of health codes.
- Establishing and maintaining par levels and prep list.
- Work all food stations in kitchen; fill in on an as-needed basis
- Ensure proper handling of the kitchen equipment.
- Works with Events Manager to get order filled and prepared to (BEO) Banquet Event Order.
- Manages labor costs and food costs effectively; eliminates unnecessary spending and waste.
- Accurately processes payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Servesas a leader, leads by example and mentors employees on a daily basis.
- Performs periodic performance evaluations.
- Plans effectively.
- Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Follows established policies and procedures.
- Supports and contributes to the mission and overall success of the resort by accomplishing performance objectives focused on preparation of food.
- Ensures Ranch Mission is executed.
Knowledge of Events and Ranch Wide areas of the propertyPersonal Attributes:
Hard worker, good listening skills, ability to adapt quickly to hard situations, & remains calm under pressure.Physical Demands:
Lifting up to 75 pounds, general cleaning, set up, walking a lot etc.Education/Experience:
High School diploma required; Associates or Bachelors Degree in a culinary field preferred, 3 years experience in a sous chef role in a full-service resortSpecial Skills/Equipment:
Uniform/Name tag at all times; knife skills; knowledge of and proper cookery techniquesPay Rate: 60k - 65kWage Range: