Change And Release Management Administrator
Tallahassee , FL 32301
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
PSR Associates, Inc.
is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.Change and Release Management Administrator Position Description
We are in search of a Change and Release Management Administrator to play a key role in assisting the Office of Information Technology in the establishment, adoption, and continued execution of new Change and Release Management processes.General responsibilities may include the following:
- Oversees the day-to-day execution of the OIT change management processes and policies. This includes auditing policy compliance, championing procedural participation, reporting effectiveness in key performance indicator (KPI) and metrics attainment, analyzing process improvement, and communicating on a thorough and consistent basis throughout the OIT organization.
- Oversees release changes into production, through controlled promotion processes or documented support procedures. As much as possible, automates the configuration changes/updates to the production environment to promote efficiency and consistency.
- Provides support to change and release management resources across all areas of OIT, by coordinating approved change requests and integrating them with configuration and release management procedures.
- Provides expertise in the design, maintenance, and delivery of training for change and release management, including a strong focus on processes for maintaining communication with other groups.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or another related field, highly desired.
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP) with the Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP), highly desired.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with the Project Management Institute (PMI), a plus.
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
- 3 5 years of professional experience in Information Systems, Change Management, Release Management, or another related field is required.
- 2 years of incident, problem, or change workflow automation tool experience, highly desired.
The activities this candidate will be tasked with include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing and executing IT change and release management processes, encompassing project management, application development, and operational procedures.
- Provide oversight for, develop, and execute change and release management activities and tools to identify and evaluate stakeholders knowledge, skills, and abilities; enhance professional development, deliver communications and increase engagement, and monitor implementation for multiple enterprise level projects, priorities, and initiatives in accordance with policies, procedures, and systems and applications requirements. Communicate and collaborate with management, staff and consultants, Project Management Teams, Project Networks, and stakeholders. Prioritize projects, coordinate work assignments, and develop deliverable requirements.
- Develop and maintain a Configuration Management Database to serve as a digital twin of the Departments IT infrastructure.
Job Specific Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Troubleshoot and support Cherwell ITSM workflows with Cherwell Developers.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities desired for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
General Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Excellent communication skills, project management abilities, and strong analytical skills.
- Strong analytical skills to determine an organization's needs, develop strategies to meet those needs, and evaluate effectiveness.
- Knowledge in ITIL Standard for Change Management practices.
- A strong background with change management tools and workflows and the ability to put the methods and tools into practice.
- Skill in the use of the methods and tools used for risk assessment and mitigation of risks.
- Ability to categorize work, set priorities, and determine short and/or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them.
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships in a matrixed environment.
- Proficiency in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic and multicultural business environment.
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and proactive issue and risk management.
- Must be able to resolve production release issues across business and technology teams, as well as broader strategic or systemic issues that are creating inefficiencies or hindering progress.
- Proficiency in process formulation and communication to others.
- Influential person with the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Strong grasp of IT infrastructure and application development technology and architectures.
- Skill in strategic planning, program development, and project management.
- Skill in researching, compiling, and analyzing data to report findings and develop improvement solutions.
- Skill in providing presentations, consultation services, and training programs.
- Skill in developing auditing activities; including but not limited to surveys, investigations, quality assurance reviews.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, and manage complex work assignments and project schedules.
- Ability to research, identify, and implement innovative solutions.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Communication: Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e., project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
- Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e., business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
- Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
- Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism and maintain effective work relationships with others.
- Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
- Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
- Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
- Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.