Chain Sales Representative
Sacramento , CA 95814
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you looking to grow a career in the beverage alcohol industry? Do you possess fine wine, spirits and craft beer knowledge? Are you a self-starter that enjoys being out of the office and interacting with customers every day? As a Chain Sales Representative you will be responsible for growing business in Chain accounts such as, Albertsons, Bevmo, and CVS within a designated geographic area. You will do so by cultivating relationships with customers in face to face interactions, designing and directing educational sales campaigns, and collaborating with company supplier partners to achieve monthly sales objectives. Wine Warehouse is currently seeking a Chain Sales Representative for the following area(s):
- Sales Representative is responsible for spending 100 % of his or her work time selling company products and engaging in sales related activities that are necessary prerequisites to making sales of company products to local chain store decision makers.
- Sales Representative is given each month a tracking package with sales goals on all Wine Warehouse products for each designated territory. Sales Representative is responsible for achieving or exceeding those sales goals.
- Sales Representative is expected to make sales presentations in all chain stores in the applicable territory. These sales presentations are intended to persuade local store decision makers to purchase company products including, but are not limited to products that are monthly priorities on tracking, cold boxes and shelf placements.
- Selling and tracking all cold box placements. Makes regular sales presentations of Wine Warehouse items including for superior sales placements in all cold boxes in a designated territory.
- Maintaining the sales and distribution of old and new Wine Warehouse products in every chain store in Sales Representative's sales territory.
- Ordering DSD (Direct Store Delivery) product for all applicable Wine Warehouse Accounts, including, but not limited to, beer, wine, seasonal specialty items, discontinued and promotional items.
- Researching and analyzing the sales trends for each account by chain; understanding the business strategies of each chain; and the practices of each chain decision maker to persuade local chain store decision makers to purchase company products.
- Displaying products sold by the Sales Representative to the store in a specific designated location, for the purpose of increasing product visibility and to promote more product sales and re-orders from the Sales Representative.
- Investigating customer complaints or concerns on product pricing, product availability or matters involving deliveries.
- Works with customers and the credit department to collect current and past due invoices.
- Preparing and assisting in any and all supplier surveys or ride-withs that are scheduled in any specific territory.
- Effectively using point-of-sale materials to enhance sales by promoting products resulting in additional sales by the Sales Representative to the local store decision maker(s). Sales Representative is required to use and maintain all point-of-sale materials supplied to them by each supplier.
- Ability to manage sales territory and sell company products
- Four (4) year college degree or two (2) years demonstrated sales experience, preferably of wines, beers and spirits
- Demonstrates a commitment to performing the job "the right way" with a high level of attention to details and high personal standards of performance
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within a 10-15 mile radius of the territory is preferred
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours
- Computer literate proficient in Microsoft office (Word and Excel), with the ability to utilize company-provided communication systems and devices
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and sales presentation skills
- Can work in the field in a sales territory with minimum supervision
- Must possess valid unrestricted California Driver's License
- Reliable transportation and good driving record is required