Certified Strength And Conditioning Specialist
Westhampton Beach , NY 11978
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Reef Systems is seeking a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist to provide strength and conditioning services for Combat Rescue Officers (CROs) and Pararescuemen (PJs) assigned to the 103rd
:Guardian Angel (GA) operators in the Air National Guard (ANG) must always be ready to perform at their peak in order to accomplish their challenging mission set. Attaining and maintaining this level of peak human performance requires the implementation of a top-notch physical conditioning and maintenance program comparable to those seen in Olympic-level and professional sports organizations. The Human Performance Optimization (HPO) program will focus on the whole operator concept to not only assist GA operators in accomplishing their military missions in the short term, but also to emphasize the maintenance of peak performance over the long term in order to lengthen the service life of the "human weapon system while ensuring high quality production.This long-term perspective means the HPO program must include rehabilitative services to provide rapid recovery from injuries and performance services to provide focused physical and mental conditioning. When an operator is degraded or de-conditioned, individualized and specialized care is required to rapidly restore his physical capabilities prior to returning him to full-mission-capable status. Hence, as professional athletes are supported by an integrated professional sports model that tailors performance programs to accomplish the mission at peak levels, operators require the same level of support to perform as tactical athletes and must have a comparable HPO program. A successful HPO program consists of three specialties: Physical Therapist/Injury Manager, Athletic Trainer, and Strength and Conditioning Specialist.Duties & Responsibilities
- Initial evaluations
- Range of motion, joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Operator education on self-mobilization techniques
- Determine exercise-related testing centered on job function and general strength and endurance fitness qualities
- Design and implement physical training programs
- Identify specific corrective exercises
- Track and modify strength and conditioning plan
- Mental health
- Shall have a minimum of three (3) years of salaried professional experience working with elite level athletes within the SOF community, NCAA division one preferred, or professional sporting ranks as a certified SCS. Internship hours/experience will not be considered professional experience.
- Shall possess a Bachelors Degree (Masters highly preferred) in an accredited exercisescience, health science, or physical education discipline and shall have a minimum of five (5) years of experience.
- Shall be a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association, a Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified(SCCC) through the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA), a certified Sports Performance Coach through the United States of America Weightlifting Association (USAWA), possess certification from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), or be certified by the Starting Strength Coaches Association (SSCA).
- It is highly preferred that those personnel providing SCS services shall have additional credentials as a soft tissue specialist, such as being a Licensed Massage Specialist (LMT) or that of other providers of manual therapy for soft tissue injuries.
- Shall have a current certification in basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) to include Automated External Device (AED) training.
- Shall be capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF trainingevolutions, the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols, and the ability to lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 20kilograms.
Rescue SquadronFrancis S. Gabreski ANGWesthampton Beach, NY 11978