Certified Recreation/Art/Yoga Therapist
Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute
Georgetown , TX 78626
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We have available openings for a certified Yoga Instructor or a Art Therapy Therapist or a Recreation Therapist. The position, serving as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team, is responsible for providing therapeutic recreational and activity services to adult, adolescent or child patients under the care of Georgetown Behavioral Health Institute for emotional or substance abuse problems. The Activity Therapist will help to guide sessions for individuals, families or groups in yoga, art therapy or general recreation therapy activities. Certification as a CTRS is required or Certified as a Yoga Instructor or equal years of experience in a hospital setting as a Activity Therapist.
- Art Therapy
- Participates in the formulation of patient's treatment plans, including the establishment of treatment goals and objectives.
- Reports to community and/or state agencies regarding any patient issues as required by law.
- Complies with facility safety, infection control and security program.
- Supports facility internal and external customer service standards.
- Upholds the Organization's ethics and customer service standards.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the hospital.
- Education - Bachelors degree in a relevant field (e.g., recreational, music, art therapy or occupational therapy) preferred. (Yoga Instructors must be certified with a minimum of a HS diploma).
- Experience - A minimum of 1 year experience in a field relevant to the therapy specialty area or combination education and experience preferred. Healthcare and inpatient psychiatric experience preferred. Teaching or training experience a plus.
- Required Licenses CTRS certification or applicable Yoga certification.
- Additional Requirements - Must obtain and maintain approved CPR certification. SAMA certification must be obtained through the hospital within 30 days of employment.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, assessment, evaluation, and interpretation skills.
- Knowledge of psychiatric and addictive disease diagnoses and treatment; flexibility; teaching or training skills helpful; understanding of, or ability to understand, DSMV methodology.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a good listener with a pleasant demeanor that encourages and engages others.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize with strong time management skills.
- Screening: Must successfully pass background check, drug screen, and physical and be able to provide positive employment references.
- Physical Demands: With or without reasonable accommodations, must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand for sustained period of time, walk, pull, lift, raise and move objects from position to position (up to 50 lbs.), finger grasp; feel sizes, shapes, temperatures, and textures; express or exchange ideas orally and potentially loudly, accurately, or quickly; visually detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, assess; perceive the nature of sound with or without correction; perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands, or fingers.
If you are among the most competitive and qualified candidates for the job, you will be contacted directly by one of our hiring managers. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries regarding your application status. Good Luck & we hope to meet you soon!
Georgetown Behavioral Healthcare Hospital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k) and a generous amount of paid time off.