Certified Recovery Specialist (Full Time And Part Time)
Pittsburgh , PA 15201
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
At minimum, an individual must be able to provide documentation of completing the RPS training in entirety and have active CRS certification. Maintain updated trainings to ensure ongoing certification status. One year of work experience in a substance abuse treatment facility. One year of direct peer support experience preferred.
- Assist individuals in establishing necessary connections with available supports in the community that will facilitate initiation and on-going engagement in the recovery process.
- Assist individuals in developing and solidifying long-term recovery supports and providing services before, during and following an individuals engagement in the treatment continuum.
- Provides opportunities for individuals to direct their own recovery plan and supports, build self-worth, wellness, empowerment and self-advocacy.
- Work with the individuals family, service and treatment providers, other programs and community supports to assist in achievement of goals.
- Conducts regularly scheduled sessions with individuals and motivates them to identify interests, strengths, and goals which promote a lifestyle of recovery
- Empower individuals to achieve independence by utilizing a strengths-based approached in which the individual identifies self as a change agent.
- Provides consistent support and guidance before, during, and after treatment episodes as needed.
- Encourage individuals to identify and pursue educational and employment opportunities
- Assist individuals in building or re-building positive, constructive relationships with family and other sober supports
- Attends and participates in treatment team meetings whenever possible while providing feedback regarding the individuals recovery perspective.
- Introduce and engage individuals in the recovery community including sober social and recreational activities.
- Serves as an advocate for individuals while continually supporting, teaching and encouraging self-advocacy skills.
- Promoting community integration through the connection of resources, linking to supports, mutual-help groups, social clubs, volunteer and job opportunities.
- Serves as a role model with a willingness to share personal experience when appropriate with individuals, families, and staff.
- Offer guidance on the recovery experience, to include stage appropriate recovery education
- Maintains accurate documentation regarding the individuals progress, goals, challenges, and utilization of skills and support.
- Offers support related to obstacles that are often encountered during the early stages of recovery.
- Assist in the development, ongoing assessment, and updating of individualized recovery plans.
- Monitor the individuals recovery stability and offer referrals to treatment services when necessary.
- Attends continuing education requirements, 18 hours annually including 30 hours over a 2-year period which meets the PCB requirements for CRS re-certification. Provide copies of certificates.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Technical Competencies: Strong leadership skills with demonstrated effectiveness in a variety of treatment settings. Able to provide training, support and guidance to various disciplines.
Job-related Behavioral Characteristics:
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to problem solve by gathering and analyzing information, working well in an individual/ group problem solving situation, and showing initiative in problem solving. Maintains professionalism, flexibility and adaptability. Ability to make decisions in an objective and ethical manner. Ability to develop and maintain a dedicated team environment. Calm and decisive in crisis situations.
At minimum, an individual must meet the CRS training qualifications and is able to provide documentation of completing the RPS training in entirety. Maintain updated trainings to ensure ongoing certification status. One year of work experience in a substance abuse treatment facility. One year of direct peer support experience preferred.
Medical, Vision, Dental, Life
401K with Company Match
Paid Days Off
Employee Recognition Programs