Certified Nursing Assistant
Staff Today INC
Vacaville , CA 95688
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Per Diem, Varies Fri-Tues (10 PM-6 AM) or Thurs-Mon (2 PM-10 PM)
2+ months $28.00 per hour
2 positions available
Duties/Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
a. Assist patient/youth with activities of daily living and provide nursing care under the direction of a Registered Nurse
b. Perform and document rounds of patient/youth receiving medical and/or psychiatric care and report changes in patient/youth condition to the RN
c. Obtain specimens for diagnostic testing
d. Assist other non-custody staff to provide patient/youth care
e. Prepare documentation for patient/youth transfers to other Institutions/Facilities or trips to specialty appointments
f. Complete all required documentation of patient/youth care, provide written or oral reports, and record entries in logbooks
g. Clean, maintain, and check equipment
h. Check inventory, order and check supplies.
- Twelve (12) continuous months of experience within the last three (3) years rendering direct patient care in public or private institution. Clinical competencies must be current.
- Possess and maintain current Nursing Assistant Certificate issued by the State of California.
- Possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from an American Heart Association or American Red Cross (AED).
- All Temporary/Relief CNAs must have documentation of completion of a competency validation process meeting the requirements of Title 22, Section 70016 or Section 70016.1 prior to performing the duties required by this Agreement.
- Each Temporary/Relief CNA shall be in compliance with 8 CCR 5199 standards for both current N95 and Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) medical clearance and annual general respiratory protection training which is to include a request to repeat PLHCP clearance if they develop 1) marked immunocomprompromise or pregnancy which might require great respiratory protection than N95s provide or 2) a health condition which might limit N95 or PAPR use and completion of the annual 8 CCR 5199 Appendix G questionnaire.
- Temporary/Relief CNAs providing services to the CDCR must be proficient in the English language and be able to communicate effectively with the CDCR/CCHCS. All Temporary/Relief CNAs must be able to speak, understand oral and written communication and write effectively in the English language. Any Temporary/Relief CNAs who fails to meet the minimum qualifications shall not be permitted to perform services.