Provides direct patient care services to the participant's under the direction and supervision of a nursing staff member, as assigned by the Program Director.
Essential Functions of the Job:
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nursing
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Direct participant care
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1.Assists other staff in carrying out program assignments.
2.Performs and records routine technical tasks such as vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiratory rate), collection of specimens, intake and output and mass.
3.Works in conjunction with other staff in relation to participant care, as assigned by the nursing staff.
4.Assist with admission, transfer, and/or discharge of patients, by transporting, lifting and positioning patients while following necessary safety precautions.
5.Reinforces selected patient teaching initiated by Registered Nurse.
6.Assist in maintaining patient and unit area in a clean and orderly manner.
7.Considers the special needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups
8.Is responsible for order and cleanliness of the program areas and equipment.
9.Carry out assigned task as deemed necessary by the Activity Director.
10. Performs home visits and assists with ADLs, transfers, companionship, etc.
11. Assists as companion to medical appointments, pharmacy, etc.
12. Provides personal care, such a toileting, bathing, eating, transferring, dressing or grooming under the supervision of the nurse and the Activity Director.
13. Assist the Activities Director in carrying out the activity program.
14. Assist other center staff in meal and snack serving. Performs meals counts as assigned by Day Center Manager.
15. Cleans-up and organizes program areas, including the cleaning of equipment.
16. Interact with patients and family
17. Transport patients and equipment as needed.
18. Keeps a record of care given.
19. Monitors patients and report any variances to normal to the nurse for further assessment.
20. Follows infectious disease precautions to prevent the spread of organisms.
21. Attends and actively participates in the in-take and assessment process as needed.
22. Attends center staff meetings and in-service educational training programs.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Performs other duties as assigned.
1.High school graduate or equivalent.
2.Nurse's Assistant California State Certification.
3.Current CPR Certification/Card
4.Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
5.An interest and desire to work with the target population served by the center.
6.Required At least one year experience working with the frail elderly population
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Physical clearance for reaching, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling and grasping; have full range of motion; ability to lift 50 lbs; need to lift and transfer participants; T.B. clearance; must maintain current First Aid and CPR; fingerprint clearance.
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire family.
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later, San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000 patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking employees.
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
San Ysidro Health Center