Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Certified Nursing Assistant
Henderson Nursing And Rehabilitation Center
Henderson , KY 42420
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
REPORTS TO: Charge Nurse
Ensures that resident's personal care needs are being met in accordance with Resident's wishes and Care Plan Objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Answers signal lights, bells or intercom system to determine resident's needs and ensures call lights are within reach of resident.
- Ensures that residents' who are unable to call for help are checked frequently.
- Gives direct resident care such as bathing, dressing and grooming of residents.
- Explains procedures to residents.
- Assists residents as necessary in their activities of daily living.
- Assists residents with bowel and bladder function.
- Assists residents in preparation for and transporting to appointments, activities, and social programs.
- Assists with lifting, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc., in keeping with specific resident safety needs.
- Provides incontinent care as needed.
- Dresses resident appropriate to the current weather.
- Notifies Supervisor if resident needs clothing.
- Changes bed linens.
- Handles linens according to infection control guidelines.
- Feeds residents requiring help and records meal intakes.
- Delivers and documents all snacks and supplements.
- Offers fluids to residents frequently to ensure that residents are hydrated where designated by care plan.
- Reviews and implements daily nursing needs as outlined by resident Care Plan or nurse managers.
- Transports residents or assists resident with mobility needs.
- Turns and repositions bedfast residents, alone or with assistance.
- Takes and records temperatures, blood pressure, pulse rates, respiration rates, height, weight and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Monitors resident's activities and reports any irregularities of resident performance to nurse managers.
- Participates in and receives nursing report upon reporting and departing to/from work.
- Reports all changes in residents' condition to supervisor.
- Cleans instruments and equipment and returns to proper area after use.
- Maintains cleanliness of residents units, central bathing area, treatment and supply rooms, work rooms and linen closets.
- Provides post-mortem care as instructed.
- Accurately records all care as directed.
- Participates and attends periodic in-services and staff meetings.
- Understands and adheres to the guidelines of "Residents Rights"
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Ability to communicate with residents and nursing staff. Ability to speak, read, and write English. Prior experience as long term care nursing assistant preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Successful completion of State Approved Nursing Assistant Training and Competency Evaluation Program. Good standing the state registry is required.
Job Type: Full-time
$500 Sign on Bonus for Full time positions!
- caregiver: 1 year (Preferred)
Nursing Clinical Setting: