Certified Nursing Assistant
Healthcare Staff Today
Williamsburg , VA 23185
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join a team of highly-trained and highly-qualified medical professionals at a reputable psychiatric hospital in Williamsburg.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable, driven, and passionate about providing quality mental health services to children, adolescents, and adults complex psychiatric conditions that are often combined with challenging behaviors.
This is a very rewarding environment for those who deeply care for improving and impacting the lives of others.
Pay Rate: $16 per hour
Available shift options:
All shifts are full-time, Mon-Fri, with every other weekend:
- Shift 1 - 7a-3:30p
- Shift 2 - 3p-11:30p
- Shift 3 - 11p-7:30a
- Shift 4 - 7a-7:30p
- Shift 5 - 7p-7:30a
* Please indicate your preferred shift when applying.
- Must provide a copy of a valid Virginia CNA certification in good standing (cannot be another state)
- Provide a copy of Active BLS/CPR card (American Heart Association only).
- Provide a copy of Virginia Driver’s License/ID.
- Minimum of 1 year related CNA experience.
- Submit to a criminal background check and drug screening.
- At least 2 professional references will need to be verified.
- Must provide current (within the past 6 months) TB screening, along with up-to-date physical health exam.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 6 months prior direct behavioral health experience is preferred but not required.
- In a secure setting, meeting the legal, behavioral, treatment and recovery needs of mental health patients.
- Communicate with patients, their family members, and the public in a courteous, professional manner.
- Monitor, document, be able to recognize and report both routine and unusual changes behavioral, mood, sleeping, hygiene, and nutritional patterns.
- Maintain all patient health records with high attention to detail.
- Remain patient, courteous, and professional in sometimes stressful and potential emergency situations.
- Discuss treatment options with patients and their families to determine the best possible outcomes for their health goals.
- Provide thorough orientations to all new patients regarding their customized treatment plans.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, healthy environment.
- Assist with medication, therapeutic activities, assisting with clothing and bathing, and feeding routines.
- Maintain strict patient privacy policies according to facility standards and confidentiality laws.
Contract employment agreement: This position will begin with a 13+ week contract. Upon satisfactory completion of the contract, if both parties so choose, an offer may be extended for permanent placement which may include additional perks, benefits, and potential career advancement.
Please attach resume and cover letter to be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted and invited to fill out a formal application that will include a credentialing process.
We are looking to fill this position immediately. Our extensive screening and hiring process of credentialing, professional reference checks, criminal background checks, health screenings, and other required document checks takes approx. 2-4 weeks. So, please ensure that you meet all of the listed requirements and all documents are up-to-date prior to applying.