The CNA provides quality care and assistance with activities of daily living for residents of the community. The CNA encourages all residents to function at their highest level of independence and to participate in community activities. Conducts activities and provides for a meaningful experience for all residents. Responsible for ensuring a pleasurable dining experience and for representing the community in a positive manner at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists residents with activities of daily living
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as making resident beds, cleaning resident apartments, common areas, dining room, etc. as directed by supervisor
- Respond promptly to all resident calls for assistance or emergency alerts
- Assists in planning and conducting activity programs for residents
- Assists residents to and from the dining room, and to and from activities
- Checks on residents, ensures attendance at meals and activities
- Checks on residents who are ill and reports status or concerns to appropriate individuals
- Assists new residents with move-in transition: provide emotional support
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess current CNA license from the Virginia Board of Nursing in good standing
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in-writing
- Must be organized and able to work well with all levels of personnel
- Must be able to safely lift and transfer residents while maintaining proper body mechanics
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified, or be willing to become certified within 60 days of hire
- Must be available to work flexible schedule, to include weekends and holidays (FT/PT/PRN/Weekends)
Must be available to work every other weekend and some holidays!! No exceptions!
Per Assisted Living Regulations we perform background checks and drug screens on all new hires!
The Crossings at Chantilly will be a state-of-the-art senior living community that will offer a full continuum of great lifestyle options, including Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care services. The community will be part of a new campus that will also feature both a skilled nursing facility and rehab facility, should the specific care needs change.
As a Harmony Senior Services community, you can expect a caring, passionate, and professional staff committed to creating an active environment at The Crossings at Chantilly. It will be located at 2980 Centreville Road, Herndon, Virginia 20171.