Certified Middle School Teachers - Ela, Math, Science, History (Ct)
Excellence Community Schools
Stamford , CT
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Who We Are:
Excellence Community Schools is a charter management, non-profit organization. The mission of the Excellence Community Schools is to prepare young people to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, and emotional, and ethical development through the Bronx Charter School for Excellence (Bronx Excellence) and the Stamford Charter School for Excellence (Stamford Excellence). Our network of schools accomplishes this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum - which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. We achieve this in a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of our students.
Who We Need:
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. This position is ideal for candidates that wish to fully pursue a credentialed lead teaching position. Becoming an educational associate serves as an internship for candidates who wish to develop their expertise through observation and experience in preparation for a meaningful and successful teaching career. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success.
- CT Teacher Certification or reciprocity from another state in the equivalent area
- At least 1 year of teaching experience
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Highly Qualified
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
- Develop weekly lesson plans that correlate with our curriculum goals and objectives; uses a variety of teaching strategies to ensure that students are engaged and motivated.
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan units and lessons and develop expertise in implementing instruction.
- Become familiar with school charter, standardized testing and school wide plan, including goals set for student performance.
- Use tests, classroom performance and other evaluation and diagnostic tools to assess the progress of students expeditiously in order to create small group instruction and to identify curricular and professional development needs.
- Create and maintain an orderly, well-managed and stimulating classroom environment.
- Evaluate student academic and social growth, keep accurate records, prepare progress reports and communicate with parents on individual pupil progress.
- Reflect on practice in a continuous effort to improve professional knowledge by participating in professional development opportunities.
- Possesses strong time management, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Promotes our reputation as an institution with a social conscience by operating with a sense of integrity and honesty.
- Recognizes and appreciates the unique qualities of middle school students.
- We will also require copies of BA and/or MA transcripts and copies of certification.
- Must be FULLY VACCINATED
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 403b available
- Performance-based compensation for staff