MG FT 3-11
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide the administration of medicines based on current state regulations.
1.Receives report at the beginning of shift with nurses. Reports any observations concerning customer condition, emergency situations or difficulties with medications to the supervising nurse throughout shift should they occur;
2.Administers routine oral, topical and suppository medications as prescribed by the physician. Document same on MAR;
3.Administers prn medications as prescribed by the physician, as directed by the licensed nurse. Documents same on MAR;
4.Maintains medication supply, assists with ordering of new medications, reorders existing medications and restocks medicine carts as needed;
5.Recognizes the significance and is able to perform accurate vital sign monitoring when indicated by drug therapy;
6.Maintains current knowledge base regarding any medication he/she administers. Investigates/looks up unknown medications before administration;
7.Checks all first doses against physician order sheet; does not administer medication based on verbal order of nurse;
8.Prepares, administers and charts oral, topical and suppository medication as prescribed by physician;
9.Processes physician's orders to ensure proper administration;
10. Orders medications, as indicated by doctor's orders;
11. Participates in the completion of treatments of customers as directed by a Licensed Nurse;
12. Notes and reports any unusual conditions, emergency situations, or difficulties with medication to the Licensed Nurse;
13. Cleans medication treatment carts and medicine room;
14. Stocks medicine room;
15. Performs Certified Nursing Assistant duties as needed;
16. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
17. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. Successful completion of a state approved certified nursing assistant program.2.
A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma is preferred.3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.4. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy.
TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.5. Basic knowledge of computer use or willingness to learn.6. Must attend a minimum of 12 hours continuing education programs provided by the center in order to maintain certification.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 312884
Center Name: Pheasant Wood Center
Genesis Healthcare LLC