Certified Medication Aide
Baptist Community Services
Amarillo , TX 79105
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Full Time -Rotating Schedule-6 AM- 6 PM
Under the direction of the Charge Nurse and/or Assisted Living Manager, administers medication to a designated group of elders, within the framework of BCS policies. Ensures compliance with all State and Federal regulatory requirements in providing optimal care for each client.
ESSENTIALS OF JOB:
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed to a designated group of elders, as described in the State and Federal regulations. (constantly)
- Observes and reports symptoms and conditions of elders both orally and in writing, and assists with instituting remedial measures. (constantly)
- Maintains accurate records reflecting elder's condition, medications and treatment. (constantly)
- Teaches elder and family member as needed regarding care issues. (occasionally)
- Develops collaborative relationship with interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care. (occasionally)
- Functions as an advocate for the elders. (frequently)
- Assists the Charge Nurse as assigned, i.e., as CNA or Bath Aide. (constantly)
- Must be able to commit the time necessary from an attendance and punctuality standpoint to accomplish the above specified Essentials of Job. (constantly)
- Contributes to the ongoing process of establishing and meeting departmental and BCS goals and objectives. Participates in utilizing customer feedback to measure and improve effectiveness of service level.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the essential functions and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required; other duties may be performed as assigned. This job description will be reviewed annually and may be revised as needed. In addition, all BCS employees are expected to:
Support and actively participate in the Life Enrichment Program and Best Friends Approach.
Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
Help train and give guidance to other BCS employees.
Maintain a clear, safe and unobstructed work area, practice habits, and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
Follow all BCS safety policies.
Provide customers with the highest quality products and service.
Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes.
Promote Customer Service.
- That required for certification in the State of Texas as a Certified Medication Aide. Must be able to read, speak, and write English.