Certified Fitness Instructor
Phoenix , AZ 85032
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Certified Fitness Instructor
Schedule: Mon & Fri 6am 2pm; Tue, Wed, Thu 12pm 8pm
Who are we looking for?
If you are someone who is passionate about fitness, caring, highly motivated to influence others, energetic, and looking to develop personally and professionally, then you have found the right place to contribute and grow.
- Planet Fitness is known for a reputation consisting of the Judgement Free Zone, raving fans service, a clean and comfortable environment, high quality equipment, and 24/7 access. This reputation has been established through dedicated and passionate professional team members around the world working together to deliver the ultimate experience to our customers and communities. Our Fitness Instructors play an instrumental role to inspire, support, and genuinely care for our members along their fitness journey.
Essential Role FunctionsCOMMUNICATION SKILLS | PASSION FOR FITNESS | EMPATHY & COMPASSION
- CUSTOMER & COMMUNITY RELATIONS: Welcome and greet members, assist members in setting and achieving their fitness goals, provide exercising tips, share general guidance on health, and support individuals beginning or actively participating in their prescribed exercise program. Participate in sponsored community or marketing events.
- CUSTOMER ONBOARDING: Facilitate club orientation for new members. Help them gain awareness of equipment/amenities and assist with enrollment of Physical Education @ Planet Fitness.
- DESIGN PERSONALIZED EXERSIZE PROGRAMS: Create & design exercise programs that are safe, effective, and appropriate for members of varying fitness levels or have medical clearance to exercise. Recognize what is within the scope of practice and refer members to other healthcare professionals when appropriate.
- LEAD GROUP TRAINING: Schedule and physically, facilitate small group (1-5 members) workout sessions with members. Teach correct exercise methods, provide explanation through demonstration, and employ proper cueing and spotting techniques.
- TECHNOLOGICAL APTITUDE: Operate IPAD/Tablet, Microsoft Office, Email, point of sale system, and Datatrak Management System. Understand and demonstrate proficiency with online media such as websites, mobile apps, and social media hosting sites.
- TIDINESS: Look over club appearance, maintain club hygiene and equipment cleanliness standards, participate in inventory initiatives, and monitor/report equipment integrity needs or maintenance concerns.
- TOURING: Escort potential members through our facility and while proficiently sharing information about our culture, mission, fitness training offerings, equipment, and amenities offerings.
Role QualificationsEDUCATION | COMMITMENT TO ONGOING LEARNING | STRONG WORK-ETHIC
- EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- FITNESS CERTIFICATION: AFAA, ACE, ISSA, NASM, ACSM, NCSF, or Expert Rating
- LANGUAGE FLUENCY: English (Bilingual Spanish a plus)
- OTHER CERTIFICATIONS: CPR/First Aid/AED Certified
- ONGOING LEARNING: Desire to get involved, inquisitive, actively and creatively works to better themselves and stay relevant in today's ever changing and fast-paced world.
- WORK-ETHIC: Self-motivated, detail oriented, reliably executes on deliverables/tasks.
What's in it for you?PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
Be a part of a team where our customer mission is:To provide a workout experience that is Judgment Free, deliver "raving fans service", ensure our facility is clean and well cared for, and provide state of the art equipment for every one of our customers.
Be a part of a team where our vision is:To become world-class at developing our judgment free zone environment so to inspire others to physically change their lives for the better.
Be a part of a team where our people development values and philosophy are:Learners for life, people before profits, be exceptional, everyone has something special to contribute, and you are in control of your career ambitions.
Free Black Card Membership
Regular performance collaboration, monetary appraisals, and career coaching
Multiple award and recognition programs
We develop and promote from within!
No former leadership experience? No problem! We excel at identifying raw talent, harboring an environment for leadership growth and opportunity, and providing foundational development education and mentorship for new fitness leaders just starting out on their leadership journey.
Already have leadership experience? Great! We've been waiting for you to join our team!
Competitive salaries for assistant managers and general managers.