Central Service Technician
Yale-New Haven Health
Mcgowan Corners , RI 02891
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Central Service Technician is a team player that works in all facets of the department and is responsible for collection, decontamination, preparation, sterilization & distribution of instrument trays, supplies and equipment in a safe and expeditious fashion while following department policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates Competence in Performance of job Function
- 1.1 Ability to work under pressure and stressful conditions.
- Infection Control
- 2.1 Demonstrates proper decontamination of instruments and equipment following the principals of the Infection Content Policy Manual.
- Demonstrates Competency in Operation of Department Equipment
- 3.1 Knowledge of operation the department?s equipment including but not limited to the Hamo washer/ decontaminator, steam sterilizers, Sterrad ,incubator and other equipment as purchased & used in the department.
- Displays knowledge of instruments used on a daily basis.
- 4.1 Knows proper function of instruments and identifies when one is broken; then brings it to the attention of the supervisor or the materials facilitator for replacement.
- Fosters Employee Collaboration and Teamwork
- 5.1 Recognizes and values the contributions of fellow employees and displays cooperation and teamwork.
- Appropriately Utilizes Resources
- 6.1 Reports to work on time, prepared to work and follows hospital policies for notice of lateness/absenteeism and time off request.
- Supports Activities for Exceptional Customer Service.
- 7.1 Demonstrates a high level of respect, dignity compassion and professionalism for all customers by utilizing the four tenets of Patient Family and Centered Partnership.
H.S. diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience with handling and sterilizing instruments.
C.R.C.S.T. required to be achieved within one year of hire