Center Assistant - Cecilton
Maryland Rural Development Corporation
Cecilton , MD 21913
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
MRDC is seeking a Center Assistant to support classroom staff in providing care and education to children in a Head Start classroom as well as other functions to provide a safe, nurturing, enriching learning and social environment for Head Start children, while working together with other services.
Typical Essential Tasks:
- Follows and participates in curriculum practices with fidelity and in accordance with program guidelines and Head Start initiatives (obesity prevention, school readiness, family literacy, Pyramid model/program-wide positive behavior support, dual language learners/multicultural practices, fatherhood initiative)
- Follows schedules/daily routines and lesson plans of each classroom
- Uses responsive language with children
- Participates in individualized instruction for children with disabilities and individual needs.
- Participate in supporting program to meets non-federal share/in-kind
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work with young children with disabling conditions and/or special needs.
- Ability to substitute on an on-call basis.
- Ability to fully participate in a program for active youngsters. This includes lifting young children, getting up and down from the floor, lively outdoor activities and moving furniture.
- Must be able to demonstrate care and concern for Head Start children and families
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with various professional and community groups throughout the three counties.
- Must be willing/able to travel
- Must obtain and pass a physical, TB test, and criminal background check.
- Current or ability to obtain first aid and CPR certification
- Must be knowledgeable in Maryland Child Abuse laws and act accordingly.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development