Catering And Events Manager
Saint Michaels , MD 21663
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage bookings maximizing the sales of on and off premise events.
- Manage short-term group sales as assigned digging deeper into their needs and offering more competitive pricing to attract new business.
- Work as daily Catering Inquiry Manager, handling on- and off-premise local social and business catering opportunities.
- Perform telemarketing for new business to the local market as directed by the DOS.
- Implement referral plans with local venues to create preferred caterer status where applicable and increase local social business and proposal opportunities.
- Using the marketing plan, solicit Holiday parties and maximize their sales.
- Assist in the development of collateral materials to introduce new products, menus and services.
- Generate and disseminate Banquet Event Orders and resumes in a timely fashion.
- Solicit, evaluate, sell and confirm business to exceed food and beverage scheduled quota.
- Perform site inspections of various competitors to stay familiar with our competition and know how to sell against them.
- Sell amenities and gifts to groups utilizing In-room Dining and the Linden Spa.
- Work directly with clients to lend guidance in selecting menus, determining appropriate set, dcor, transportation, companion tours and activities, Golf, nautical activities and all other revenue centers.
- Report to and apprise the department Director of results against planned objectives.
- Coordinate with all other hotel departments the activities related to the booked business to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Contact customers and attends booked functions to promote good will and foster potential additional business.
- Attend local meetings and events as the hotels representative to promote new bookings and awareness of St. Michaels capabilities.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel features/services, outlets, hours of operation, etc.
- Practice emergency procedures in compliance with hotel/company standards; react and assist in hotel emergency situations as needed.
- Be an ambassador of the hotel and the company at all times, in and outside of the work place.
- Support Leading Quality Assurance; strive to continuously improve.
- Ensure by example that the Belmond Hotels philosophy is known.
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to outside organizations and the community.
- Be knowledgeable of, implement, communicate, and comply with policies of Belmond Hotels, Inn at Perry Cabin and its Hotel Human Resources Department.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all guest and general hotel information.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
Education & Experience
College or vocational degree in Sales or Marketing preferred. Minimum three years experience in sales or event planning.
Ability to communicate in English with hotel guests, suppliers, and employees to their understanding. Ability to provide friendly, efficient and courteous service to guests. Ability to analyze written reports and prepare written or typed reports. Ability to access, input and retrieve information on the computer system. Ability to calculate. Ability to work independently and exercise judgment to resolve personnel and production issues that arise during daily operations. Ability to handle the stress inherent in overseeing operations, interacting with co-employees and resolving guest problems. Ability work under pressure, be organized, self-motivated and work well with others. Strong positive attitude and ability to initiate light conversation with guests. Knowledge of hotel property and operating hours of each guest service area. Knowledge of St. Michaels and surrounding areas. Ability to provide legible communication. Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner. Ability to work effectively and relate well with senior management, colleagues, subordinates, and individuals inside and outside the hotel. Understanding of the luxury hotel environment. Additional foreign language skills a plus.
For full-time year round employees, our benefits package includes access to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K savings plan, as well as vacation, personal and holiday pay