Cataloguer/Writer - Trading Card Games
Irving , TX 75261
If you know Trading Card Games and are an experienced writer, get ready to demonstrate your skills in our unique environment! Heritage Auctions is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices in New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, London, Hong Kong, and other cities. Heritage Auctions is the largest auction house founded in the U.S., serving more than 40 different auction categories, including Coins, Sports, Comics, Historical, Entertainment & Music, Pop Culture, Jewelry, Fine & Decorative Arts, Wine, and many more.BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- Paid time off
- 401k savings plans
- Daily Pay: Access your pay when you need it! (Starting 03/13/2023)
Commensurate based on experience LOCATION:
South of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, NW corner of W. Airport Freeway (Hwy. 183) and Valley View LaneSUMMARY:
This position is responsible for researching and writing the primary narrative descriptions for our Trading Card Games auction catalogs and online entries.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Possess knowledge of various Trading Card Games, including Pokémon, Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and others.
- Research, identify, and create accurate descriptions for the catalog and our various online-only auctions.
- Assist clients with questions about lots, communicating professionally and knowledgeably.
- Write catalog essays and bios as needed.
- Assist with authentication and submissions to/from grading services.
- Proof/edit description text and review images for catalog/online.
- Assist with catalog production and coordinate with the Marketing, Social Media, and Digital Commerce departments for auction promotion.
- Actively participate in previews, auctions, and tradeshows.
- Some travel required as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Must have writing experience
- Knowledge of Trading Card Games
- Professional auction industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Follows established standards, takes direction well, high ability to multitask and pay great attention to detail
- Demonstrates strong organizational and prioritization skills to meet deadlines and complete projects on time
- Willing to learn; works well independently and in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: concise, accurate, and thorough
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends during the auction catalog crunches as needed
Individual must be able to work independently and manage productivity to meet tight turnaround deadlines. Must thrive in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers, and persons with disabilities. EOE