DataVisor is a next generation security company that utilizes industry leading unsupervised machine learning to detect fraudulent activity for financial transactions, mobile user acquisition, social networks, commerce and money laundering. Our solution is used by some of the largest internet properties in the world, including Yelp, Pinterest, Momo, and IGG, to protect them from the ever-increasing risk of fraud. Our award-winning software is powered by a team of world-class experts in big data, security, and scalable infrastructure. Our culture is open, positive, collaborative, and results driven. Come join us!
We are looking for an experienced Cassandra Engineer who's excited about building large scale distributed database systems. This individual will be responsible for assisting with the design, implementation, and on-going support of Cassandra services in on-premise and cloud installations.
* Manage large scale multi-nodes Cassandra cluster environments.
* Handle all Cassandra environment builds, including design, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
* Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for the Cassandra database.
* Create key performance metrics, measuring the utilization, performance and overall health of the cluster.
* Capacity planning and implementation of new/upgraded hardware and software releases as well as for storage infrastructure.
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
* Closely collaborate with managers, architects, lead engineers and developers.
* Ensure existing data/information assets are secure and adhering to best in class security model.
* Manage backup and recovery functions.
* Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
• BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) major required.
• 3+ years administrator experience with Apache Cassandra or DataStax Enterprise is a must.
• Strong Linux and scripting skills.
• Experience with Spark, Flink, Kafka is a big plus.
• Able to quickly isolate and resolve production performance problems.
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS/GCP/Ali Cloud is a plus)