I. Basic Purpose:
Performs a variety of routine duties in the cafeteria/coffee shop to prepare equipment and foods for service: serves food and cleans up after meals, following established practices and procedures. Performs various cashier duties, involving collecting funds, issuing receipts and daily balancing cash drawer.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2.Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3.Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
4.Prepares and sets up steam table and serving line. Obtains, prepares and places hot and cold foods, baked goods, beverages, desserts, condiments, dishes and silverware.
5.Sets up board menu to reflect current menu.
6.Receives payment for food and drinks from visitors and staff.
7.Serves food as directed.
8.Greets all customers promptly and courteously.
9.Wipes off counters and tables; arranges, rearranges, and replenishes items as needed.
10. Balances the cash drawer on a daily basis.
11. Participates in post meal cleanup tasks as assigned or directed.
12. Assists in preparing required reports by compiling information.
13. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
14. Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
15. Responsible for operation of Coffee Shop in the absence of the supervisor.
16. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
17. Attends meetings as required.
18. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
Sufficient previous experience.
Demonstrates skills in customer service, ability to use decimals and fractions, operate cash register, make change, and read price lists.
Martin Memorial Health Systems, Inc.