Uses skilled intervention, clinical best practice knowledge and collaboration with the patient, physician and multidisciplinary treatment team to concurrently pace care, achieve quality outcomes and negotiate appropriate reimbursement. Ensures the timely and seamless clinical transition of patients through medically appropriate levels of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Represents LGH to all our customers (patients, family members, significant other, physicians, etc.) as caring, concerned, compassionate and efficient healthcare organizations.
2.Supports LGH's goals and objectives.
3.Create a working relationship with medical staff members, employees and management of LGH, which allows for accomplishing the desired goals and objectives of LGH and the Case Management department.
4.Ensures proper and complete documentation to support the placement and healthcare services provided to all patients.
5.Maintains a current understanding of changes and trends in standards of care, rules and regulations.
6.Monitors regulatory agencies for current rules and regulations
7.Identifies compliance and standard care issues
8.Conveys information to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
9.Educate appropriate parties involved in issues
10. Ensure timely and appropriate outcomes while communicating with all individuals involved
11. Monitor changes to ensure competence, quality and compliance over time
12. Ensure proper and appropriate placement of all our patients. By working cooperatively with the medical staff, appropriate placement will be decided and the proper supporting documentation will be entered into the medical record.
13. Ensure appropriate post-acute placement of patients. Discharge planning will be started at the time of admit, and will be an ongoing multi-disciplinary collaborative effort.
14. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care or support as appropriate to the age of the patients serviced in his or her assigned areas.
15. Makes timely and appropriate referrals to the appropriate discipline as identified for every patient.
16. Ensures proper, appropriate, and timely patient discharges and transfers to outside agencies.
17. Serves as the resource for development of performance and outcome measures.
18. Assists in the development of structured methodologies based on research and scientific findings.
19. Represents LGH to external parties, as necessary during the course of employment, so as to enhance the image of the organization.
20. Identifying new community resources, making changes to departmental lists and sharing as appropriate with coworkers.
21. Reports potentially libelous situation to the appropriate supervisors.
1.R.N. required and licensed in the State of Louisiana.
2.Prefer a minimum of 5 years of clinical work experience.
3.Knowledge of regulatory agencies
4.Extensive computer knowledge is required
5.Strong interpersonal and communicating skills
6.BLS CPR certified
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients' rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
Formal application; verification of education, and experience; verification of license(s), certification(s), registration(s), accreditation(s) if applicable; oral interview, reference and background checks; job related tests may be required.
Lafayette General Health (LGH) is a healthcare system striving to build a regional healthcare network that delivers excellence in care and outcomes. Join us as we Restore, Maintain, and Improve the Health of our Community!
Lafayette General Health