Case Manager - Registered Nurse
Newark , NY 14513
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
New Increased Salaries!
The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care. This involves the assessment of patient and family needs, and the development, implementation and evaluation of an appropriate plan of nursing care. This RN may also serve as the case manager, which involves the identification of appropriate services, supervision of home health aide staff and ongoing review and evaluation of the utilization of services.
Level ILevel I
- Develops, implements and evaluates multidisciplinary goal directed intervention plans based on identified needs in collaboration with the attending physician and other health team members.
- Systematically and continuously collects and documents opening and/or revisit assessment data regarding the patient and family needs.
- Identifies and prioritizes health problems based on assessments.
- Assesses the need for home health aide services, establishes the aide activity sheet, supervises and evaluates the aide in the performance of his/her patient care duties.
- Manages and coordinates patient care in a manner which ensures the efficient and effective delivery of appropriate home care services and community support. RNs may be assigned as primary nurses with responsibility for all case coordination of patients requiring any other type of care upon approval.
Level II - Performs similar functions as level I, plus:
- Performs as an informal leader, role model, and resource to other staff in a positive clinical leadership role.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and valid NYS registered nursing license required.
- A minimum of 1 year recent acute care experience.
- IV/Infusion skills may be required.
- Must have ability to travel.
Level II requires similar qualifications as level I, plus:
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Required: Associates or better in Nursing.
Preferred: Bachelors or better in Nursing.