Uses skilled intervention, clinical best practice knowledge and collaboration with the patient, physician and multidisciplinary treatment team to concurrently pace care, achieve quality outcomes and negotiate appropriate reimbursement. They ensure the timely and seamless clinical transition of patients through medically appropriate levels of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Represent LGH to our customers (patients, family members, significant others, physicians, etc.) as a concerned, compassionate, and efficient healthcare organization.
2.Support LGH's goals and objectives. Represent LGH to external parties in an effort to enhance the image of the organization.
3.Create a working relationship with the medical staff members, employees, and management of LGH in an effort to accomplish the desired goals and objectives of LGH and the Case Management department.
4.Ensure proper and complete documentation of assessments, interactions, interventions, and outcomes.
5.Provide intensive counseling and crisis intervention as needed.
6.Report or assist with reports of suspected child/adult/elderly abuse/neglect.
7.Assist and refer eligible patients in applying for and/or acquiring financial assistance.
8.Complete psychosocial assessment including mental status and DSM IV diagnosis on Axis IV and V as appropriate to area of practice.
9.Ensure appropriate post-acute placement of patients. Discharge planning will be started at the time of admit, and will be an ongoing multi-disciplinary collaborative effort.
10. Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care or support as appropriate to the age of the patients serviced in his or her assigned area(s).
11. Make timely and appropriate referrals to outside agencies (i.e. hospice) as identified.
12. Act as hospital representative for all adoptions while ensuring all legal procedures are followed, and confidentiality of all parties involved is ensured.
13. Assist in orienting new employees/interns as appropriate. May be asked to act as a task and/or LCSW supervisor in charge of students participating in social work internships.
14. Exposure and access to confidential information on a daily basis. Information includes medical records, insurance information, billing information, and physician process.
15. Continuous responsibility for items of extreme value. Requires close attention to avoid significant loss. Responsible for the care and security of computers which contain private health information.
16. Considerable mental concentration required. Continuous sitting or walking with small amount of lifting or carrying. Moderate to heavy computer usage.
17. Average or periodic contact with conditions such as fumes, chemicals, hazards, diseases, and noises (possibly more than average noise due to intermittent operations by several employees completing their duties in the same work location).
18. Requires flexibility in work schedule. For daytime workers, this routinely entails a 40-hour work week but including on-call hours and periodic extended hours due to workload spikes. For evening and weekend social workers, this entails evening/nighttime shifts as well as on-call hours during the weekend.
19. May practice independently.
20. May supervisor student interns.
21. May assess, diagnose and set-up treatment plans.
22. Occasional travel may be necessary.
2.Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years in hospital social work
3.Moderate level of computer knowledge is required
4.Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
5.Must have the ability to organize work and meet deadlines
6.Strong interpersonal and communicating skills
7.BLS (CPR) to be obtained within 30 days of hire
8.Falls prevention and OSHA to be obtained within 30 days of hire and renewable annually.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior
Lafayette General Health