Caregiver For Charming Older Woman (Outer SE Portland)
Portland , OR 97201
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is one of the top 100 non-profit employers in Oregon, and were currently seeking an overnight caregiver Personal Assistant who will support a charming older woman who experiences developmental disabilities. She lives in her own apartment near SE 122nd and Stark, and she is sweet and caring.
Youll workone shift per week totaling 43.5 hours per week (40 hours at regular pay and 3.5 hours at overtime pay):5:30pm on Monday through 1pm on Wednesday. *Youll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
When you arrive, youll assist her with her evening routine. She typically goes to bed by 8:30pm but she has difficulty sleeping through the night. Several nights each week, you will need to check on her throughout the night and facilitate calming activities. In the morning, youll make her breakfast and help her with her medications. Youll assist her with personal care tasks such as showering and dressing. Then youll have a few hours to do fun activities, or youll have plenty of paid downtime when she is listening to music and audiobooks. She also needs your assistance to talk through her feelings, as she experiences some confusion.
- Its easy to apply! Click the "Apply for this job" button below.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply early because they will be considered as soon as they apply.
- UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
- Drivers preferredif choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a current drivers license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
- Non-driving applicantsmust be at least 18 years old.
- To meet the client's personal privacy needs, female applicants will be given preference.
- Experience in the mental health or developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
- $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
- Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
- Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
- Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
- 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
- 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
- Mileage reimbursement if driving for UCP.
- Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.