The Direct Support Provider assists with the day-to-day operations of the group home. They carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: consumer rights, personal cares, daily living activities, and regulatory compliance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DESIRED OUTCOMES:
1.Performs duties relating to the support, care, welfare, supervision and training of persons with intellectual disabilities and/or acute, chronic or long-term conditions.
2.Provides personal cares as directed by individual needs in a consumer specific manner.
3.Assists and monitors all activities of daily living as indicated in support plans and as desired by the consumer to include, but not limited to: personal hygiene, toileting, and independent living skills.
4.Teaches and guides consumers in achieving hopes, dreams, goals and objectives through self-direction, decision-making, and goal setting.
5.Follows safety and regulatory procedures in all areas of food preparation, serving of meals, clean up and other related activities.
6.Prepares and serves meals by following general nutritional guidelines, menus, individual dietary restrictions, needs and preferences to ensure consumer health.
7.Assists, monitors, and documents medication administration to ensure consumer health and compliance with Department of Human Services, Care Management Organizations, and Clarity Care policies and procedures.
8.Follows all documentation and reporting policies and procedures for any medication and/or safety issues, and significant events.
9.Coaches, monitors, reports and documents consumers verbal and physical behaviors to ensure the safety and health of consumers and others.
10. Maintains a safe, sanitary and welcoming group home by performing homecare maintenance and other domestic duties to include, but not limited to cleaning, laundry, safe yard maintenance/snow removal, etc
11. Responds promptly and competently in emergency response situations.
12. Assists, escorts, and provides physical and other types of assistance needed by consumers during social and recreational activities.
13. Provides opportunities sensitive to the needs, preferences, and choices of the consumer while promoting community recreational participation.
14. Possess physical aptitudes and capabilities that will enable performance of the job to include: ability to stoop, stand, pull, push, hear, see, kneel, walk, grasp, reach, talk, and lift at least 35 pounds.
15. Contributes to Clarity Care team effort by accomplishing related results and tasks as needed or assigned.
1.Must possess a high school diploma/equivalent and/or related work/life experience.
2.Must be at least 18 years of age.
3.Must possess a valid WI drivers license, and ability to meet agency driving standards. Must provide proof of auto insurance.
4.Must pass a periodic WI Caregiver Background Check including Department of Justice Criminal Record Checks, and/or that of previous states of residence.
Direct Support Provider provides services in diverse environments to include residential, vehicles, day services, and community situations. There may be exposure to loud noises, verbal and/or physical aggressive behavior, second hand smoke, body fluids, basic home care chemicals, household appliances, as well as food preparation risks such as use of sharp objects or high temperatures in ovens and stoves.