Career & Employment Services Associate
Amarillo , TX 79101
Posted 3 weeks ago
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
Amarillo College is currently seeking a Part Time Career & Employment Services Assistant who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and will provide administrative oversight and support for the Office of Career and Employment Services.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors Degree in Counseling, Human Resource Management, Communications, Student Personnel Administration, Business or other related field.
Preferred: Masters Degree in Counseling, Human Resource Management, Communications, Student Personnel Administration, Business or other related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a business and/or college related setting.
- At least 2 years of experience in an administrative setting.
- Demonstrated successful experience in communication with students, employers, and coworkers.
- Experience in social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Experience in working with a college student population.
- Experience in career coaching, and in public speaking.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with a team or independently
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Skills (interpersonal, public speaking, oral and written communication.)
- Database systems (Database - Computerized Programs.)
- Organizational Skills
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guide current students and alumni and community members throughout all stages of career exploration and decision making (e.g. document critiques, mock interviews, career guidance and exploration, etc.)
- Attend and assist with all career events (e.g. job fairs, networking events, employer mock interviews, etc.)
- Craft, post, and manage the social media for Career and Employment Services including, but not limited to, the following platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Support in the delivery of presentations, workshops, and career related presentations.
- Contact, communicate with, and assist employers through all facets of recruitment.
- Assist with the coordination of employer on-campus recruiting.
- Provide administrative and advanced secretarial support for Career and Employment Services Department.
- Act as a receptionist for the office: greeting customers, answering and directing telephone calls, scheduling appointments, as well as answering complex questions related to job search strategies, and employment opportunities.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of statistical records and reports.
- Assist with new strategic initiatives in Career and Employment Services such as: job shadowing, job fair receptions, etiquette dinners, Student Employee of the Year, New Student Orientation outreach, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Working Conditions: The normal work week is 19 hours per week, with some evening and weekend work.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, and filing cabinets.
Travel Expectations: Some travel may be required for this position.
Salary: Aligned with the current Amarillo College Salary Schedule for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.