Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Cardiac Sonographer PRN
Richmond , VA 23234
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune's 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life's most difficult moments.
- Performs accurate analysis of all cardiac anatomy and assimilates appropriate data necessary for interpretation of study and assesses the same for the staff.
- Utilizes appropriate communication and interpersonal skills with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Assists the physician as needed during procedures and monitors physiological parameters during procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in operating and troubleshooting equipment in the Echo Lab.
- Performs job to ensure quality care is provided within defined area of accountability.
- Safely transports Echo machine to patient room to perform Echocardiogram or transports patients to department as necessary.
- Takes call after regular hours.
8.Restocks work areas with necessary supplies. Keeps work areas clean and orderly to promote patient safety.
9.Participates actively in continuing education and assists in education of new staff as requested.
- Communicate effectively with Department Leader, Clinical Coordinator, staff members and physicians and serves as a liason to promote interdepartmental relationships.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
- Two Years Echo experience.
- Graduate of an accredited program in Echo/Vascular/Cardiac Sonography. Will have confirmation letter from ARDMS with test date by the first anniversary date of employment.
Registered Diagnostic Sonographer.