Supports the goals and objectives of the facility, participates in programs directed toward patient and staff safety, risk management and quality management; respond to emergency situations with competence and composure.
Participates in primary care of patients as indicated to enhance the quality of care provided; coordinates patient care activities with medical staff and health care team members to provide continuity of patient care; enforces the implementation of nursing practice standards to provide quality patient care
Performs the circulating nurse’s functions adhering to approved Cath lab procedures (i.e. ensure equipment is functioning properly, supplies and instruments are ready before starting procedures, and provide moderate sedation while maintaining patient safety
Accurately assess and interprets age-specific patient data and responds to questions and instructions accordingly
Performs according to approved policies and procedures and reports observed or suspected violations, hazards, and non-compliance
Evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care or seeks further guidance, as needed
Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing education and other learning experiences; attends and actively participates in meetings, in-services, conferences, quality management activities, according to job duties and facility requirements
Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician
Perform other nursing duties as needed or required
Registered Nurse license required (active)
ACLS/BLS Certification required
Experience in a Cardiac Cath lab preferred or 1 year of ICU experience
Experience in preoperative or critical care area required (minimum 3 years experience)
Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and others
Values Fit: Demonstrates behaviors consistent with character, competency, passion, humility
Clinical Excellence: The ability to consistently deliver outstanding clinical results.
Accountable: Holds self-100% personally accountable to achieve results; Follows through on commitments. Quickly gains trust of teammates and customers; Attitude of ownership; personal alignment with company's vision and objectives.
Collaborative: Ability to work well with others on projects and tasks, analyzes issues, and processes; Reaches out to peers, cooperates with supervisor, establishes collaborative relationships.
Communicating: The ability to effectively exchange information with various stakeholder in a manner that makes meaningful results possible.
VIEW JOBS11/15/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-13T00:00About Americare
For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America's heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focused, encouraging employees to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.
Why belong with our Americare team?
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person-centered home environment for each resident - truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefits from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and a large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off
The flexibility of Paid Time Off (PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.
We will be adding to our management team a Director of Nursing to oversee our Assisted Living and/or Memory Care community. This position will be responsible for overseeing our nursing program within Americare assisted living communities to maintain quality standards of resident care and staff.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing
* Current state nursing license LPN or RN
* Maintains current state registration and ongoing education
* Responsible for all nursing service and its administration and clinical supervision
* Responsible for the implementation of nursing objectives, standards of nursing care, nursing policy and procedure manual, and reviews and revises such as necessary and at least annually.
* Interprets all nursing policies and procedures to nursing personnel. Determines that nursing care standards and nursing policies and procedures are being followed according to written guidelines
* Supervises and gives clinical guidance to nurses and other nursing staff (PCA, C.N.A., CMT etc) as necessary.
* Makes rounds to assess resident and staffing needs and visits residents each work day.
* Works under the direction of facility administrator to assure that all nursing personnel complete the required orientation and attend the necessary in-service training, and that appropriate documentation is maintained.
* Responsible for nursing assessment on monthly or as needed basis, documenting assessments, notifying physicians and families of change in condition, obtaining appropriate orders and implementing order. Responsible for supervising personal hygiene of residents.
* Responsible for seeing that all the necessary written documents such as Admission Nursing Assessments, Nursing Notes, Over-All-Care Plans and other required information is kept Current in the resident record system. (Records are kept current following facility's policies, ASI standards and/or State and Federal regulations.
* Responsible for assisting administrator in keeping facility standards up to state and federal and ASI requirements and assisting with any and all inspections. Team member in planning, evaluating and providing safe home like environment and quality of life for residents.
* Responsible for determining that the medication systems meets the needs of the resident, is an effective type administration system and is set up according to State regulations and pharmaceutical guidelines.
* Keeps administrator informed of significant changes in residents conditions, transfer of residents to the hospital, expirations or any pertinent information regarding the residents and or employees.
* Assists in determining the type of residents to be admitted to the facility using established nursing care criteria as a guideline. Makes decisions as to placement of residents and transfer to other rooms as necessary.
* Communicates with Administrator schedules and conducts nursing staff meetings and maintenance records of such.
* Assesses supply and equipment needs for nursing department and sees that adequate stocks are maintained.
* Determines that incident reports are made out as necessary or as indicated and reviews such on a routine basis.
* Is available for call when needed by the staff members on duty in matters pertaining to nursing care.
* Performs any other duties as may be necessary as specified by the administrator of the facility.
Please click here for the complete job description.
VIEW JOBS10/27/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-25T00:00PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The registered professional nurse (CAP RN 1) position is an entry level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program for Registered Nurses. The CAP RN 1 is accountable and responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically competent care including assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation for an assigned group of patients.
As a member of the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) health care team, the CAP RN 1 participates in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and facility operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards of nursing practice, state and federal regulations.
* Performs all essential functions under the direction of the Program Manager with guidance from the Educator, Preceptor or a Home Therapy CAP RN 2, 3, 4 or 5 for the first 6 months of employment.
* Expected to complete requirements to advance to the next CAP level, for which they qualify, within 24 months from date of hire.
* Performs ongoing, systematic review and analysis of dialysis data for Home Therapy patients and documents in the patient medical record, adjusts or modifies the treatment plan as indicated and notifies Supervisor or Physician as needed.
* Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health team members for input.
Fresenius Medical CareCape GirardeauMO
VIEW JOBS11/18/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-16T00:00Landmark Hospital of Cape Girardeau is the premier Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospital of the four state area. This hospital has built a solid reputation for providing the very best patient care and excellent customer service. Discharge planners who refer patients to Landmark say their patients return from their stay at Landmark with rave reviews, and are highly satisfied with their experience. This excellence is due to the tireless efforts of the highly experienced and competent staff of physicians, nurses, other clinicians, and support personnel, who are dedicated to being the best at what they do.
Shift: Day and Night positions
Summary: Responsible for the assessing, planning, delivery and evaluating each level of nursing care provided to patients throughout their stay. Will also actively plan for the management of patient outcomes across the continuum of care. Assist in the treatment of acutely ill patients with life-threating conditions, in settings requiring continuous vigilance, complex assessment, and high-intensity therapies and interventions.
Working with the patients and their families, RNs strive to create healing, humane and caring environments while also focusing on patient advocacy, working in settings such as intensive care units and cardiac care units, where patients require complex assessment, high-intensity therapies and interventions, and continuous nursing vigilance.
Will work in close cooperation with specialists in a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to) Physicians, Pharmacists, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Wound Care, Dietary Therapy, Social Work and Dialysis.
* Conducting comprehensive patient assessments
* Providing care for patients and management of their conditions, with regard to vital signs and lab work
* Collaborating with Physicians and various disciplines within the hospital in order to manage patient care
* Assisting the medical staff with in-house procedures
* Interacting and communicating with patient family members
* RN License (MO)
* Minimum 1 year of ICU &/or TCU (stepdown) experience
* Hospital experience
* BLS and ACLS certification
* Ability to assess patients quickly in emergency situations in stressful environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
* Team, detail and goal oriented
* Positive, professional and empathetic demeanor
About us: Landmark Hospitals is a privately owned, seven hospital system with locations in Georgia, Missouri, Utah and Florida. Landmark Hospitals are licensed as acute care hospitals and certified as long-term acute care hospitals in order to specialize in providing transitional care for medically complex patients. Each of our hospitals is recognized as the regional Transitional Care Hospital of choice in their respective markets. What makes Landmark Hospitals especially unique is that the company is owned by a surgeon, so the focus on people, quality, safety, and clinical outcomes resonates throughout the company.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Keywords: ICU, CCU, medical, surgical, hospital, RN, registered nurse, LTAC, LTACH
Landmark HospitalsCape GirardeauMO