Finding a job can be overwhelming — plowing through dense, super specific job descriptions, spending hours filling out applications, and then, if you’re lucky, you get a tag-team interview that leaves you spinning.
At Canvas, we’re dedicated to transforming financial services and that includes recruitment. We aren’t ashamed to say it. Working here is delightful. We’re a family, and the time we spend together is full of support and camaraderie, and it’s fun. Make no mistake, we’re serious-minded professionals who take our responsibilities to heart, but the pettiness and bureaucracy you find in much of corporate America is out of bounds here.
Who We Are
We are Canvas and we are passionate about disrupting the way people experience financial services. “Helping you afford life” and “People before profits” aren’t just advertising taglines for us. They’re literally words we live by. Shareholder profits don’t drive us. Our members, our families, and the communities we live and work in are all that matter here. (World peace is super important too.)
We’re strong supporters of the credit union movement, of providing our members with the education, support, and guidance to build strong, independent financial futures.
And we want your help.
What You Will Do
If this locations are too far from your home and family, check out our other postings. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, apply to this listing and tell us where you want to work. There may already be an opening that we haven’t listed yet.
Here’s what a Consultant’s day looks like:
• LEARN about our members, hear them, and understand their situations.
• EDUCATE our members on the ways we can help them afford life.
• PROVIDE meaningful, careful, focused and ethical lending solutions.
• PROCESS transactions like deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and payments with consummate professionalism.
• PERFORM advanced frontline transactions like IRAs, CDs, wire transfers, and calmly handle disputes.
• GROW with us by immersing in financial industry trends, products, services and technological advances.
• SHARE your knowledge on effective practices, competitive intelligence, and business opportunities.
• STAND shoulder-to-shoulder with our members and your canvas teammates through our peaks and valleys.
Who You Are
Enough about us. Here you are…or who we think you are, or who you really want to be:
• You are authentic and passionate about helping others.
• You enjoy learning and want a career…not just a paycheck.
• You understand financial products and services, much like a Relationship Banker or Personal Banker.
• You’re comfortable recommending and processing financial products like loans.
• You’ve won service excellence awards and earned high fives and fist bumps for your awesomeness.
• You hold an informal or formal leadership position at your current workplace.
• You embrace change and seek new ways to serve our members and the community.
• You work well with others, even when things don’t go as planned.
• You are innovative and thrive on challenges.
• You embrace change and a fast pace. We do think we can change the world for people and are making it happen!
We know you might not have every qualification we’ve listed. Passion and potential matter here. If you know you’re right for the position, let us know. We’re good at spotting talent.
What’s in it for you
Hang in there. We’re almost finished. Besides, this is the payoff:
• You’ll be a financial services guru: You’ll be a cooperative finance rock star. We’ll arm you with all the knowledge you need on service, products and services, and compliance with financial regulations. This knowledge will prepare you for many, many career opportunities.
• Seriously good benefits: Beyond healthcare, dental, and life insurance, we make it so worth your while. Canvas employees get a 10% company contribution to their 401k, generous personal time off, and employee discounts on loans (That includes cars and houses!).
• This is a career: The Consultant experience is the foundation of a career at Canvas Credit Union. We invest in developing your skills and promote heavily from within. While we hope you stay with us until you retire, Credit Unions across the country collaborate with each other and hire from within.
• You help members afford life: At Canvas, you have the opportunity to make a difference. The joy that comes with making a member’s day, and maybe helping them buy their first house or go to college, is an indescribably good feeling.
Other Important Information
You’ll be asked to work a flexible schedule Monday thru Saturday — 40 hours per week. You’ll use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, copiers, fax machines, and filing cabinets. The position also requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files, and flex paperclips. You may be required to bend, stoop, or stand on one leg while multiplying fractions and compounding daily, variable interest in your head. Just kidding — nobody can do that on one leg.
Please note, this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
Canvas Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veteran/Disabled.
Canvas Credit Union