VIEW JOBS12/12/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-12T00:00SUMMARY
Provides general or specialized nursing care to patients in ambulatory setting or clinical practice. Provides nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the standards of practice of a professional nurse, Connecticut Children's policies and procedures and State and federal regulations. Reports to Nurse Manager.
Prioritizes, plans, provides direct family-centered care to patients within area of service throughout the continuum of care utilizing time and resources effectively and efficiently. Facilitates the flow of patients within the clinical practice.
Partners with child and family in evaluating outcomes. Monitors, trends and evaluates child/family responses to treatment throughout scope of service.
Provides appropriate education to patient/family regarding all aspects of care, including telephone advice, based upon established protocols. Serves as advocate for parents and families.
Clearly documents all pertinent aspects of care, including: a plan of care; a regular summary of patient status and family adjustment; unexpected events of changes in patient condition; medications; and monitoring of vital signs, etc. Complies with CCMC policies regarding appropriate documentation.
Delegates aspects of care to peers and ancillary personnel to meet needs. Serves as a resource to staff within area of expertise. Networks with healthcare team by documenting and communicating comprehensive data including complex child/family needs to provide continuity.
Provides psychosocial support for patient, family and peers to promote healthier patient/family/team outcomes. Follows "Comfort Central" as the guiding principle in the assessment and treatment of pain, as outlined in the management of pain policy.
Demonstrates knowledge of the age-related differences and needs of patients in appropriate, specific populations from neonate through adolescence and applies them to practice. Demonstrates cultural sensitivity in all interactions with patients/families.
Demonstrates support for the mission, values and goals of the organization through behaviors that are consistent with the CCMC STANDARDS.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Able to demonstrate all of the CCMC Core Organizational Competencies or has potential to do so as well as any clinical competencies within specialty area.
Connecticut Children's Medical CenterFarmingtonCT
VIEW JOBS12/5/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-05T00:00At UConn Health, patient experience and innovative healthcare is paramount. UConn Health John Dempsey Hospital is the only hospital in the Farmington Valley awarded an "A" patient safety rating by The Leapfrog Group. This Hospital Safety Score is the gold standard rating for patient safety, compiled under the guidance of the nation's leading patient safety experts. If you are a Medical Assistant with a passion for delivering best-in-class patient experience, we are looking for you.
UConn Health is looking for a Psychiatric Clinic Medical Assistant with experience in acute healthcare and a passion for patient experience. This highly desirable day shift position is located in the out-patient Psychiatric Clinic in Farmington, CT.
You must be currently registered as a Certified Medical Assistant at the time of application to be qualified for this position. LPN's and EMT's may qualify.
Please be prepared to upload a copy of your required, current MA, LPN or EMT credentials and CPR Certification at the time of application.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS OFFERED:
* Industry-leadinghealth insurance options and affordability
* Generous vacation and sick-time plans
* Multi-channel retirement options (pension and match options)
* Tuition waiver and reimbursement for employees and qualified family members
* Quick commute accessfrom I-84, Route 9 and surrounding areas
* State of the art facility and campus environments
* Progressive leadership and educational development programs available
SCHEDULE: This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with a one (1) hour unpaid lunch break; minor holidays are required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
* Maintains smooth and efficient patient flow
* May perform routine procedures i.e., vital signs, height, weight, visual acuity, urine testing, in accordance with protocols
* Prepares patients and assists with exams and special procedures
* Instructs patients as outlined for basic diagnostic procedures/ treatments/specimen collections
* Refers patients to appropriate physician/nursing staff when special needs are identified
* Reports pertinent observations to nurse and/or physician
* Charts activities in the record
* Participates in implementation of care plans
* Attends interdisciplinary meetings
* Prepares rooms and work area for clinics, including stocking of rooms and carts
* Inventories and orders equipment
* Checks equipment and reports that which is malfunctioning
* Answers phone and performs clerical work as needed
* Performs related duties as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of medical assisting practices
* Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, routines
* Considerable interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and ability to work under pressure deadlines and a rapidly changing environment
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
* Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program [CAAHEP or ABHES] and current registration as a Certified Medical Assistant [CMA] by AAMA or an equivalent certifying body.
* Must have current and maintain CPR certification.
* Working experience using EPIC
* Psychiatric outpatient clinical experience
* 2 years of experience in an emergency medicine or urgent care setting
* Knowledge of IDX and NextGen
* Flexibility as necessary to accommodate the departmental needs
* Work requires visual strain due to protracted use of a computer
* Prolonged standing and walking or long periods of sitting
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds
* Ability to bend or reach in order to operate equipment, or other tasks assigned
* Any employee may be required to stay at or return to work during public health incidents and/or emergencies to perform duties specific to this classification or to perform other duties as requested in an assigned response position. This may require working a non-traditional work schedule or working outside normal assigned duties during the incident/emergency.
MINIMUM full time equivalent salary: $45,531
Why UConn Health
UConn Health is a vibrant, integrated academic medical center that is entering an era of unprecedented growth in all three areas of its mission: academics, research, and clinical care. A commitment to human health and well-being has been of utmost importance to UConn Health since the founding of the University of Connecticut schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine in 1961. Based on a strong foundation of groundbreaking research, first-rate education, and quality clinical care, we have expanded our medical missions over the decades. In just over 50 years, UConn Health has evolved to encompass more research endeavors, to provide more ways to access our superior care, and to innovate both practical medicine and our methods of educating the practitioners of tomorrow.
UConn Health is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EEO and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at www.ethics.state.ct.us.
Uconn Health CenterFarmingtonCT
VIEW JOBS12/10/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-10T00:00Location:
Farmington, ConnecticutJob Summary:The Sales Associate will be responsible for supporting the Store Leadership Team to achieve all company goals and initiatives. The Sales Associate will model and maintain excellent customer service with effective communication, product knowledge, and appropriate selling techniques. The Sales Associate will maintain company standards of all merchandise presentation, replenishment, and sizing while maintaining a new and clean store and backroom.
* Be aware of customer activity and respond with a sense of urgency, prioritizing assisting customers over other tasks
* Greet and acknowledge customers while providing the appropriate level of service
* Effectively communicate value and quality of our merchandise while sharing our current promotions and offer solutions for "out of stock" items when necessary
* Exercise sound judgment in effectively addressing customer concerns
* Demonstrate the appropriate level of selling skills to positively impact conversion
* Provide fast, friendly, and accurate service at the cashwrap while educating customers on the benefit of the PLACE Card
* Maintain appropriate stock levels and ensure that all sizes and styles are represented
* Follow company standards of merchandise presentation, signage, and display
* Support and maintain a neat, clean, and organized stockroom while adhering to a customer ready environment, and adhering to safety requirements
* Perform daily housekeeping duties to company standard
* Guarantee company assets by ensuring adherence to all Loss Prevention procedures
* Inform Store Leadership Team of maintenance and facility needs promptly to ensure that customers and associates are provided a clean and safe environment
* Contribute focused, well-managed efforts towards achievement of store goals
* Exhibit flexibility by processing stock when necessary
Education and Experience:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Previous retail experience preferred
* Must be at least 18 years of age
Skills and Behaviors:
* Excellent customer engagement
* Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
* Ability to work in team environment
* Must be adaptable and flexible to changing priorities
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business needs, including weekends, overnights, evenings, and call-in shifts
* Ability to maneuver on sales floor and stockroom; climb ladder, lift and carry up to 50 lbs