Vector Force Development
Lake Mary , FL 32746
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for a CAD Technician to develop drafting, e.g., electrical drawings, mechanical drawings, or civil drawings with the ability to operate a computeraided drafting (CAD) system
Under close supervision, will provide:
- Diagrams, schematics, layouts, multi-view, and various drawings to scale in accordance with clients' requests.
- Mathematical, geometrical, and minor engineering computations.
- To scale engineering drawings using computer aided drafting system
- Detailed design drawings and related specifications of civil/ electrical equipment per engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts.
- This would include structure, schematic, foundation, grounding, steel, layout, equipment, apparatus, wiring, panel, AC&DC, one lines, and other type drawings necessary to produce substation, relay, and line design job packages
- File drawings, maintain catalogs of engineering data, and perform other routine drawing room functions as required
- Additional duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Graduate with a two-year degree in automated computer design/drafting or related field
- Experience in utility Geographical Information Systems
- Proven AutoCAD and/or Microstation skills
- Strong PC/IT skills (i.e., Word, Excel, etc)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
The employee will be required to regularly sit, talk or stand and be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Frequent use of computers and related equipment is required. Vision requirements include: close vision. Frequent travel to field locations via automobile will be necessary and exposure to outdoor conditions. Occasional evening and offsite meetings or involvement in storm duty, company, community or conferences is required.