Cable Maintenance Technician - Journeyman
Colorado Springs , CO 80906
Posted 3 weeks ago
INTECON is seeking a Cable Maintenance Technician to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA) Sustained Support Contract (NISSC). This role requires full-time attendance at the Cheyenne Mountain Complex.
NISSC will provide accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States.
NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide.
- Maintain and repair cabling that comprises the base infrastructure
- Ensure quality practices are being followed
- Test, install, reroute, fabricate and repair fiber optic and copper cabling
- Perform drawing updates, report job status and plans weekly
- Ensure your understanding and compliance with the Electrostatic Discharge Program.
This position is considered Mission Essential. You must be prepared for and be able to report to work and remain on site for extended periods of time during emergencies and drills. During such periods, you may be unable to maintain contact with anyone outside the site, including family and friends.
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance and be able to retain it.
- High School Diploma or GED & 4 years of directly related
- Install and maintain underground, buried, and aerial copper core and fiber-optic cables supporting systems for command, control, communications, and computers
- Plan, maintain and install all cable and communication conveyance systems
- Process formal customer request and develop technical solutions
- Maintains cable installation records and schematics using database
- Performs configuration control for all communications cables and conveyances for CMAFS
- Focal point for any/all questions concerning authorized access to the CMAFS bellows; maintains access list, log all information in a master station log, alarm/de-alarm and maintain combinations
- Resolve project installation and maintenance problems by interpreting project sketches, drawings, project directives, diagrams, and TOs
- Follow project installation and maintenance actions and repair procedures
- Conduct system test to assess cable capabilities and serviceability
- Coordinate approaches with using activities
- Install, inspect, and evaluate cable installation, and maintenance actions
- Evaluate inspection reports and analyzes survey and test results
- Process Civil Engineer work clearance request; locate mark and record underground 721 CS Communication cables
- Operate and maintain special tools, test equipment, ancillary equipment, and special vehicles
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace fiber optic, transceivers, multiplexors an modems
- Background in operations planning, work order management, and automated outage reporting tools in a "real time" support environment
- Understanding of OPSEC requirements for the USAF
- Ability to prepare, objectively review, and deliver technical presentations
- Experience with technical knowledge capture, training, and certification of personnel
- Have demonstrated experience and capability with interfacing with the Air Force Customer at very high levels as well as interfaced with multiple DoD Agencies
INTECON is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Follow us on any social media platform