Fremont , CA 94538
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Under general direction of the Department Manager/Buyer, responsible for providing support to the Buyer in order to achieve revenue and margin objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Suppliers, Buyers, Logistics and Customer Service.
- Responsible for transactions such as processing orders, accessing previous orders and special orders.
- Maintains current open purchase orders to maximize the established Buyer Service Level objective.
- Primary liaison between Buyers and Suppliers.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations to Supervisor in an effort to continually improve the operations.
- Applies basic skills and procedures to standardized duties and tasks to help maintain contracts, programs and supplier agreements.
- Contacts suppliers and freight carriers via telephone and email to expedite outstanding purchase orders.
- Works to resolve routine questions and issues from Suppliers and Warehouses. Refers more complex issues to higher levels.
- Ability to resolve issues independently.
- Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character.
- Able to mentor and train other employees.
- Supports Buyers in reaching overstock inventory objectives by assisting with product returns and inventory transfer maintenance, with the direction and guidance from the Buyer.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Read and write Mandarin Chinese
- Good analytical skills
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and the ability to effectively train others
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to resolve supplier issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Based on category, may require advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
Stock options, health and dental insurance, free lunch and more.