Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Cincinnati , OH 45202
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are seeking a Buyer/Sourcing Coordinator for our Cincinnati, Ohio location. In this role you will assist Sourcing Specialist to follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. Drive proactive involvement in all functional activities related to sourcing to ensure that sourcing has upfront involvement in all new programs and delivers strong value to the business. The Sourcing Assistant will keep track and create requests for quotation, analyze results. Analyze technical data in suppliers’ proposals, use negotiation, mathematical and financial analysis to assist in making purchasing decisions based on price, quality and delivery. Sourcing Assistant must have good communication skills as well as be able to resolve issues and discrepancies between purchasing, suppliers, manufacturing, quality, accounting, & engineering. The Sourcing Assistant will provide relief for inventories and suppliers to ensure on time delivery to support both manufacturing and end Customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, synergies for cost out
- Analyze and track Supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy
- Enter Purchase Orders into ERP system.
- Email, Fax, and Confirm Purchase Orders to our Suppliers
- Send out RFQ’s for sales orders and enter them into ERP system once returned.
- Maintain and save quotes to proper computer drives
- Track Supplier’s open orders and enter changes into ERP system
- Provide support to Quality Department regarding rework
- Create Purchase Orders to Rework Supplier for Quality Department
- Assist with both Domestic and International Inbound Shipping
- Facilitate shipments experiences delays through Custom’s
- Maintain contact with current freight forwarders and establish new relationships as needed Participate in weekly status update calls with Suppliers
- Be readily available to perform other duties assigned by management
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- AA Degree or equivalent and/or 2 Years of Purchasing related experience in a Manufacturing or Product Support Environment
- 1-year Global Shop or equivalent Data Base Experience
- Exceptional Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office product experience
- Basic Math Skills
- Lean Manufacturing Knowledge
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
- Additional experience in Sourcing and writing fulfillment reports using MS Access, SQL or Visual Basic is preferred
- APICS course working towards CPIM or Purchasing Certificate Desired
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills