Position Description Business Systems Administrator
Hamilton Associates, Inc. is seeking a passionate, technically skilled, team-oriented, and creative individual to fill the newly-created position of Business Systems Administrator to help our companies perform, grow, and execute our corporate strategies in a changing world.
Hamilton is the corporate and administrative backbone of three inter-related manufacturing firms: Elevator Safety Company, Inc. (ELSCO), Air Techniques International (ATI), and Dirtkiller Inc. Though our three companies operate in different markets and sell very different kinds of products, we are united in a common purpose, shared cultural values, and a deep rooting in Lean philosophy. More on Hamilton and the Hamilton Business System can be found later in this document.
From an operational perspective, the Hamilton organization provides shared services support for all three subsidiary companies in areas such as finance and accounting, quality assurance, and information technology. This Business Systems Administrator role will be part of the Hamilton organization, supporting all three business units.Position Overview
All three Hamilton portfolio companies are pursuing their own unique business growth strategies, specific to their markets. It is also a long-term goal of Hamilton to make new platform acquisitions that could additional portfolio companies to our business. To support this scale, Hamilton has recently made significant reinvestments into business systems and related applications. These include the implementation of a new ERP platform, reporting software, and new CRM. Future investments currently planned or under discussion include additional new ERP for Dirt Killer, service and calibration tracking software, addition of a Quality module onto existing ERP, continued CRM rollout, and applications to support customer service.
The Business Systems Administrator (BSA) will be the key point of contact within IT for support of these systems and applications. In our fast-paced, Lean environment, the BSA will be required to work with a variety of different internal customers to ensure that current systems are operating with stability and reliability, enhance the value that we receive from these systems, make changes to the systems to support business needs, and help select and manage new systems and their implementation. Essential ongoing duties therefore include:
- Generation and creation of reporting and business intelligence.
- End-user support.
- Troubleshooting of application problems/concerns, including engagement of various vendors when necessary.
- Facilitation of enhancements to systems. This may also include engagement with vendors, as well as working with internal stakeholders to translate business needs into software solutions.
- Support of new software system selection and implementations.
- Project Management of certain new implementations as required.
- Ongoing self-education about new software systems/technology, and how it could be applied to Hamilton businesses.
- Hamilton employs a third-party managed services provider (MSP) for help desk and network support, which is primarily managed by a fractional outsourced CIO/CTO firm. However, the BSA will be called upon to represent Hamiltons business system needs at various interface points with the MSP, and will also occasionally need to represent Hamilton with the MSP when the fractional CIO/CTO may not be available, for example on occasional ad-hoc items.
In addition to these day-to-day responsibilities, the BSA will contribute to several project deliverables in the next 12 months including:
- Selection and implementation of new ERP system to support Dirt Killer.
- Finalization of CRM implementation at ATI/ELSCO.
- Replacement/Migration from legacy CRM to Infor CRM at ATI-UK.
- Selection and implementation of a new service/calibration tracking system to replace legacy Filemaker system.
- Implementation of a Quality Module to add capabilities to existing ERP system.
The BSA will report to a fractional CIO who works with Hamilton on a part-time consulting basis. The CIO will be the primary assigner of goals, tasks, priority, and general direction, and will provide ongoing professional development feedback. However, given the part-time nature of the fractional CIO, for day-to-day and administrative issues the BSA will report to Hamiltons Controller.Job Requirements and Qualifications
Well-qualified candidates will possess the following, skills, experience and traits:
- Bachelors degree plus 3 years of experience (preferred), or 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience with ERP and CRM systems.
- Demonstrated experience with creation of reports and Business Intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience writing SQL queries.
- Demonstrated experience in Application Portfolio management.
- Demonstrated experience in management of software Vendors.
- A natural tendency towards, and enjoyment of, data analysis and problem solving.
- A healthy dose of business acumen to ensure that applications are effectively and efficiently serving the business needs, and not the other way around.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high culture fit (see below). Must be able to support a variety of end users with varying needs in a fast-paced, team-oriented, Lean-driven environment. Must also be able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Conscientious, with a high level of attention to detail.
- A GSD mentality willing to roll up the sleeves and get dirty in order to Get Stuff Done.
- A sense of curiosity and humility; enjoys learning.
- A sense of humor. (The work is demanding and rewarding, but we like to have fun, too).
Additional plus qualifications preferred:
Compensation & Benefits
- Direct experience with the software applications currently in use at Hamilton.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills ability to break down projects into tasks and drive execution to schedule and budget, and in a manner that engages the team members, even in an environment without direct reporting authority over others.
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience.
We offer an attractive compensation package in addition to a comprehensive benefits program including health insurance, 401(k) plan with matching and profit sharing, generous paid time-off (PTO) policy, life and disability coverage, an awesome work environment, a Wellness program, and much more!About Hamilton
Hamilton Companies make a difference in the world through principled manufacturing. Our three different businesses (ELSCO, ATI, and Dirt Killer) make enduring products for critical industrial applications products of integrity built to last. This sense of purpose animates us to build a company that benefits many stakeholders not only our financial shareholders, but also our customers, end users of the products we manufacture, our employees and associates, our suppliers and business partners, the communities we live and operate in, and the world at large.
We pursue this through the Hamilton Business System, whereby we attempt to build a company that succeeds as a matter of Process and Culture. We believe that by building core competencies in building great, repeatable, continuously improving processes across a number of defined skill sets, exemplified and knit together by people who are united in a common cultural basis, will ensure our continued growth and financial stability no matter what market or economic conditions we encounter.
Our commitment to Process finds its roots in our commitment to Lean manufacturing, where standard work in defined processes creates repeatability, reliability, trainability, and a basis for continuous improvement. Balancing this Process commitment so that it does not become overly burdensome is a Culture of empowerment, engagement, commitment, transparency, and frank communication, such that process owners are empowered and expected to drive changes for the better.
Consistent with these values, in all areas of our business, we seek creative, intelligent, curious, humble recruits that bring new skill sets and fresh perspectives to our discussions, our decisions, and our execution. We expect our newest employees to be better than us in ways, and open to learning from those already here who are better than them in others. This moves us closer not only to our stated purpose of improving the lives of everyone who works here, but also drives our business success. If we are consistently adding to our talent pool, if we are consistently identifying the best ideas and implementing them effectively, if we are constantly improving ourselves and our company, how can we lose?Contact Us
If you are a driven, results-oriented individual with the desire to make a splash in an exciting, growing, passionate company, please forward your resume, in WORD or PDF format, along with your salary history/requirements, to us for immediate consideration.
ELSCO/Hamilton is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.