Title: Business Program Manager Job Description: SUMMARY: The project is a major upgrade of our clients e-Commerce platform to Oracle Commerce platform, search technology to Endeca search and UI and functional enhancements. As a key member of the project team, this person will work alongside the IT Project Manager to manage the business deliverables for this significant project. The Business Project Manager will work closely with the Product Owner, Business Analysts, IT Program Manager and various Business Stakeholders and vendors. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Business Project / Program Management
This includes partnering with the various business stakeholders, including Sales Operations, Call Center, Exhibitor Services and other business groups, to successfully transition new features/functionality to the business users.
Work with Key Stakeholders and Project Team resources to develop the plan for business readiness, assign owners, and ensure the execution of business readiness tasks.
Integrate business readiness activities into an overall project plan.
Manage deliverables and deadlines of business activities, internally and by business vendors.
Work with project core team to build, communicate and manage project schedules.
Assist in the identification of risks and issues and help develop specific plans to mitigate or address.
Support the business and their transition into the new product and processes.
Work and engage the necessary project managers and stake holders to assist in establishing their communication requirements.
Support communication / training.
Assist in coordination or creation of general website content and meta-data.
Assist in coordination or creation of content for products, including photography, icons, descriptions and meta-data.
Assist in coordination or creation of general website content, forms and templates.
Assist Go-To Market manager for market readiness, including coordination or creation of content.
Vendor Support / Management:
Oversee vendors, such as UI design firm, to ensure deliverables and budgets are met. Assist as needed for vendor support activities.
Support Pilot Program
Coordinate recruitment / rollout strategy of pilot shows for new website features.
Coordinate activities for successful pilot launch.
Support internal and external customers as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree required.
Demonstrated relevant work experience.
Advanced experience with project management methods, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
Organized and skilled in planning strategies and tactics.
Problem solving skills and ability to work thru road blocks.
Skilled in planning and managing several activities at one time.
Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization. Must be able to work collaboratively with project teams and stakeholders.
Experience with large-scale program management.
Digital / eCommerce project experience a big plus.
VIEW JOBS12/6/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-06T00:00Overview
This is an exciting time to join the Consulting Expert Program team! The Program Manager of the Consulting Expert Program is responsible for supporting all aspects of our Expert talent life-cycle in the region.
This role is critical to keeping our Experts, their affiliated practice or capability areas, and local offices engaged in the overall expert talent management processes and programs and in positioning our Experts for success in their roles. The Program Manager will be responsible for designing and leading successful integrations for new hires, managing the staffing process, engaging Experts and their leaders (RPLs, PLs) in ongoing conversations about professional development, and managing the supporting HR functions of the overall program.
* Provide leadership, consultation, and strategic oversight of Americas Consulting Expert Program within specific practice/capability areas.• Understand the talent needs of each practice/capability area and work with RPL/PL to design talent plans for each Expert. • Design, manage, and deliver process improvement initiatives related to the talent life cycle, including: o Onboarding: Planning for new hire, building onboarding plan with practice/capability leads o Integration: Managing initial staffing allocations; engaging in frequent check-ins with expert, RPL/PL, and case team leadership to manage expectations and provide continuous feedback loop o Professional development (PD): Connecting with experts and getting to know them and their development needs o Staffing: Engaging with experts and leaders to understand allocations, utilization, and align opportunities with PD of individuals o Review & promotion process: Manage review process for individual cases and semi-annual calibration reviews; Align compensation, promotions and messaging for each expert• Assist in managing daily operations of the Americas Consulting Expert Program reflecting the highest levels of service during talent management processes o Partner with local office HR teams in region to align on roles & responsibilities as new experts are hired into offices o Work with appropriate HR team members across region to ensure processes are run effectively and expert information related to onboarding, training, staffing, reviews, compensation, and PD are updated regularly in Bain's HR systems
* Five to seven years of HR/talent management experience for a professional services firm is required• Strategic understanding of review and compensation cycles• Experience managing office/region talent process• Strong business acumen; previous experience working in consulting is ideal• Excellent project management skills and people management skills • Outstanding interpersonal, written/verbal communication, customer service and organizational skills• Ability to demonstrate good judgment and handle highly confidential information in a professional manner• Flexibility with work schedule; ability to work across EMEA time zones• Experience or understanding of HR systems to onboard new hires, input compensation changes, monitor review process milestones, track allocations/staffing, and process personal and professional changes in employee status, is preferred.• Bachelor's Degree required
Bain & CompanyDallasTX
VIEW JOBS12/14/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-14T00:00LEONARDO DRS
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.
Ensures cost, schedule, and quality targets for manufacturing sites, product lines, or work cells are consistently met
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
* BS Degree in Engineering, Management or related field, or equivalent
* Proficient technical expertise with demonstrated application
* Knowledge and familiarity with standards (ISO, AS, etc)
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation, communication and writing skills
* Experience in program or operations management
* Understanding of business processes and functional inter-relationships
* Background in project material management
* Solid experience in production planning
* Skilled in the use of Excel, Excel Pivot Tables, Power Point, Word, as well as Sharepoint
* Good understanding of MRP systems
Duties and Responsibilities
* Capable of resolving complex issues/problems utilizing comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes
* Manages the development, and monitors execution, of manufacturing schedules
* Develops budgets and manages activities to accomplish financial objectives
* Develops and recommends short- and long-range objectives, consistent with organization guidelines
* Coordinates operations and communications within, between, and among various functional areas
* Ensures operations conform to the organization's policies and procedures, values, and federal, state, and local regulations
* Establishes, monitors, and ensures customer satisfaction
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling
* Coordinates team members recruitment and selection, career development, and performance assessment
* Attend applicable internal or external customer meetings
* Participate on special project teams
* Support and lead new product introduction activities
* Maintain knowledge of current manufacturing and continuous improvement trends in the industry
* Other duties as assigned
* Lifting: Ability to lift 25 lbs up to 10% per year
* Light Travel up to 10% per year
* No special work conditions
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS