Business Process Manager, Finance
Armstrong Flooring, Inc.
Lancaster , PA 17604
Posted 2 days ago
This role will be a Business Process Manager for our Finance team and will design and implement efficient and effective business processes, technology automation, data quality and analytic capabilities based on the business strategy. Your understanding of the broad business operations will help build capabilities to support an end-to-end process that touches upstream and downstream functions. Our Business Process Managers are strategic thinkers, excellent communicators, highly organized, technically skilled, process-oriented, data savvy and has a broad business background.
Location: 2500 Columbia Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17604 - temporarily 100% remote due to COVID
Business Process Manager, Finance Salary:$90,000 - $120,000, based on experience (Gr. 12/13)
How youll contribute to the team:
- The Business Process Manager is an intermediary between the business and IT, using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes.
- Create prototypes and codesign innovative solutions.
- Identify unarticulated business needs and coordinate between stakeholder groups to address them.
- Collaborate with project sponsors to evaluate ideas and opportunities to determine project scope and vision.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and operational readiness metrics.
- Support master data needs within the functional area.
- Lead and support system configuration requirements for key applications (SAP, Group Reporting, SAC, Tableau, Hyperion, SFDC, etc.)
- The ability to facilitate key design decisions for end-to-end business processes and outcomes that leverage technology to achieve automation, consistency, quality and efficiency.
- Define the project-level architecture including design, user access, infrastructure, and data architecture. Translate the business needs to the technical team, and assists in assigning working collaboratively to define development tasks to with the technical staff.
- Conduct data migration, system migration if needed to transfer data from the legacy system to the new system and accomplish seamless integration during the system transition or process transition.
- Conduct analysis to determine best path for solving business problems / opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training and/or software procurement.
- Participate and provide oversight to the implementation of SAP standards and/or other industry best practices.
- Lead business community through Integration and User Acceptance Testing, including but not limited to defining use cases and integration scripts, facilitation of UAT events.
- Develop and maintain training materials and incorporate them into onboarding new resources.
What you'll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of business/industry or IT work experience including design and implementation of enterprise systems.
- Strong expertise in one or more SAP modules and in end-to-end processes.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- Experience documenting current state processes and developing future state processes based on the business strategy, best practices and technology capabilities
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives.
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work-flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery.
We'll be excited if you have:
- Experience in Manufacturing Finance & FP&A
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Youll see it in the vibrant colors of your school hallway, doctors and nurses will walk it while caring for your loved ones, your family will gather on it while creating everlasting memories. We are North Americas #1 producer of resilient flooring products and our mission is to inspire great spaces.
Thats us. Thats Armstrong Flooring.
Community & Philanthropy: We have a heritage of investing millions of dollars in programs that enhance the neighborhoods where we live and work. Additionally, were proud that our employees regularly and willingly give of their time and talents to support the efforts of local organizations.
Sustainability: Armstrong Flooring has a long-standing reputation for sustainable innovation, starting with using cork waste to make linoleum floors over 100 years ago. We continue to develop products that have lower environmental footprints, and in some cases, reduce the environmental footprints of the buildings where they are installed.
At Armstrong Flooring, every employee has a development plan and discussions around career growth. We have many employees with diverse backgrounds and career paths. We offer the following opportunities which promote a growth culture:
- On-the-Job training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Instructor-led & online courses
- Job shadowing
- Cross-functional team projects
- Choice of competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans - effective Day 1 of employment
- 401k with company match
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription plan with mail-order options
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation with graduated schedule & option to purchase more
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company celebrations & department gatherings
- Recognition program
- Service awards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong Flooring provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.