St Camillus Center is looking for a full time Business Office Supervisor.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Office Supervisor must be familiar with company policies and procedures related to billing and accounts receivable, census processing, payroll, and accounts payable.
The Business Office Supervisor oversees all business office functions and is responsible for ensuring policy and procedure compliance in all related areas. He/She interfaces with the Administrator, Regional Business Office Coordinator, Bookkeeper, and Receptionist, as well as provides verbal and written reports to the Administrator and Corporate.
1.Ensures systems and controls are in place as outlined in policy and procedure manuals. Meets established daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines;
2.Directs processing of accounts receivable, adjustments/refunds, private and third party agencies, census information, ancillaries, cash deposits, and posting;
3.Manages resident trust funds and maintains confidential files, ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations;
4.Meets with all new admissions (resident or family) to explain financial obligations and paperwork; audits new admission files to ensure completeness and accuracy;
5.Maintains Private Spend Worksheets and assists with Medicaid Pending Tracking;
6.Manages all month end processes, which include completion of data entry, review and correction of edits, and census reconciliation;
7.Manages accounts receivable collections for past due resident accounts; ensures timely filing of Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance claims;
8.Provides written Past Due Report concerning resident accounts to the Administrator, prepares for and attends A/R review meetings, maintains collection Activity Binder;
9.Recommends and prepares accounts for outside collection agencies, attorneys, and write off;
10. Coordinates documentation for internal and external auditors. Assists Administrator and accounting dept. with resolving G/L variances;
11. Supervises, organizes, evaluates, and monitors business office operations and staff, including Bookkeeper and receptionists, as well as delegates administrative authority, responsibility and accountability to other office personnel as necessary;
12. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all center residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the Center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the Center's fire, safety, and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
13. Puts customer service first: Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
14. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. High school degree with a minimum of five years experience in long term care billing and collections.2.
Additional coursework in accounting/finance is recommended.3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs. 4. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 317814
Center Name: St. Camillus Center
Genesis Healthcare LLC