Business Office Manager
Senior Living Residences
Malden , MA 02148
Posted 4 weeks ago
Senior Living Residences (SLR) is seeking a full time Business Office Manager to support Forestdale Park, an Assisted Living and Compass Memory Support community in Malden, MA.
SLR, an industry leader, manages and operates assisted living and memory support communities across New England. SLR is acclaimed for its forward-thinking, pace-setting innovations in the world of senior care that include the renowned Compass Memory Support Program, the award-winning Brain Healthy Cooking Program and the stigma-shattering Dementia Friendly Communities Initiative that is quickly spreading across our area. We are committed to working and partnering with like-minded people which has led to our long-standing affiliations with other ground-breaking organizations including the Boston University Alzheimers Disease Center and Oldways, Health Through Heritage, creators of the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid.
Known among our peers as the Right Values Company, SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates. We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates' ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and, of course, care for our residents.
The Director of Business Administration reports to the communitys Executive Director and Senior Living Residences Vice President of Finance.
- General Business Administration duties including accounts payable, bank deposits and deposit record maintenance, resident billing and collections, residency agreements, move-in paperwork, maintaining resident and employee files and employee payroll.
- Human Resources Coordination comprising benefits administration, managing employee recruitment efforts including active recruiting, job placements, pre-screening and interviewing, and supervising general orientation for new associates.
- Supervise, train and schedule Reception staff
- Provide back-up and Reception relief, provide administrative support to the Executive Director and department managers, as needed and serve as manager on duty on a rotating weekend schedule with other managers
- Coordinate with outside vendors to ensure office equipment (computers, printers, telephone systems) as well as computer and related software are working efficiently
- Clearly articulate to visitors and potential residents what the community offers and why our organization is unique; train Receptionists on messaging and phone etiquette
- Assist the Executive Director and Community Relations Director with taking inquiries, and scheduling and conducting tours, as requested and assist with data entry for the communitys customer lead database
- Actively work with various department managers to support the team effort in planning and hosting community special events, holidays and marketing functions, including performing tasks for events, such as collecting RSVPs, set-up, take down, and working the events as a professional community representative
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the residents and community finances and operation
- Bachelors degree preferred; prior experience in office administration required; experience in payroll processing, billings and collections, benefits administration and other human resources functions preferred
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new technologies; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Google Apps a plus
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple types of administrative tasks; strong attention to detail and accuracy; persistent followthrough skills
- Proven ability to take initiative, solve problems, work effectively with others, and have a willingness to contribute ideas to assist in process improvement
- Must have excellent communication skills demonstrated in person and writing, as well as telephone etiquette
- Low income housing tax credit certification may be required
Rewarding work, a homelike / non-nursing home environment, work / life balance, and supportive co-workers are just a few of the many reasons our associates have chosen to work for Senior Living Residences. Known among our peers as the Right Values Company, SLR communities are guided by our core beliefs in resident quality of life, integrity, innovation, discovery and valued associates.
- We are proud of the environment we have cultivated that encourages all associates' ideas and feedback in an effort to better our programming, operations and, of course, care for our residents.
- All associates are treated equally, as valued and respected professionals
- We emphasize personal kindness, professional cooperation, open lines of communication, and sharing of ideas and concerns
- Family comes first we offer generous family, medical, maternity and bereavement leave, 401 K Retirement Savings Plan, life insurance, medical insurance
- We offer training & education opportunities
- We have a strict zero tolerance sexual harassment policy
SLR offers a culture of constant-learning and constant-improvement, always striving to set higher standards. In addition, our associates appreciate access to professional education as well as a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacations, illness or other personal use & Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance (with company contribution toward premiums)
- Vision & Dental Care Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Matching 401K Tax Deferred Retirement Savings Program
- Bonus Opportunities, including a generous staff and resident referral bonus program
- Support for associates caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's (SLR is a Corporate Champion in the Alzheimers Workplace Alliance)
- AND MORE!