Milan , NM 87021
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are currently seeking a Business Manager who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional, secure setting. Come join a team that is dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Business Manager supervises and coordinates all aspects of a small-medium facility business office within the company's financial and operational goals and objectives. Supports the facility and Facility Support Center staff in all financial and operational matters related to the activities of the facility.
- Prepares budgets, forecasts, and financial reports under facility management direction, using analytical skills to identify trends and efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Keeps department heads/managers informed and current on applicable fiscal and operational matters of the facility.
- Recommends, documents and coordinates the implementation of financial, accounting, purchasing, administrative procedures and internal controls which are in keeping with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), company policies, procedures, regulations and contractual requirements. This includes facility finances, resources, inmate trust, and inmate welfare as applicable.
- Prepares, maintains and issues a variety of records, and reports required by management, regulatory agencies, and contracting agencies. Assists and participates in regulatory agency, contract, and fiscal audits of the facility.
- Maintains working knowledge of the terms and conditions of the applicable management contract(s). Supervises the accurate, timely preparation of monthly invoices and their submission to the appropriate agency for payment.
- Manages the business office and facility fiscal operations, in addition to the facility commissary and warehouse operations. This includes but is not limited to internal controls, physical inventories, pricing policies and contract compliance.
- Supervises, trains, motivates, and evaluates staff including but not limited to resolving disputes, disciplinary action, and developing work schedules.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or other related field is required.
- Three years of increasingly responsible business experience is required.
- One year of supervisory experience is required.
- Additional business experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
- No substitution for supervisory experience.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of accounting principles, Microsoft Word, Excel, and the principles and practices of supervision, training, and management.
- Experience with Enterprise software such as Oracle/JD Edwards is preferred.
- A valid driver's license required.
- Minimum Age Requirement:Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)