Business Intelligence (Bi) Developer
Washington , DC 20009
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will be responsible for developing reports, dashboards, scorecards, and other data products primarily using MicroStrategy and an Oracle database. This person will be the key BI and analytics developer, responsible for the growth and development of our clients expanding portfolio or reporting requirements. Candidate must be capable of delivering high-quality deliverables, on time, with careful attention to detail.REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience writing SQL queries.
- Experience with Oracle databases (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of ETL best practices and dimensional modeling.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with at least one major BI tool such as MicroStrategy (strongly preferred), SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos, or OBIEE.
- Experience documenting BI requirements and developing reports based on user requirements.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance; this requires U.S. citizenship
About Definitive Logic
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Create report mockups and templates from business requirements.
- Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and scorecards using MicroStrategy.
- Understand and query disparate database sources, including relational structures, dimensional data models and cubes.
- Ability to develop and maintain database objects (e.g. tables, constraints, primary/foreign keys, sequences), embedded calculations, and reporting views to support BI product development.
- Ability to create and maintain ETL routines (between source systems and target BI environment)
- Test and configure BI reports and visualizations for development, testing and deployment.
- Work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional team.
- Interface with, and understand analytical reporting needs of business stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical subject matter to non-technical business stakeholders.
Definitive Logic is a growing small business with a focus on providing technical solutions to public sector and commercial organizations. We invest in developing our team members into technical leaders in their fields on interest. If you are looking to be a member of a talented company with a small business culture, we look forward to hearing from you.Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to PBrennan@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-596-5120. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.