Business Intelligence Analyst
New York , NY 10001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Payability's BI function is a close knit team. We sit embedded in various business functions, and we each bring our diverse and unique experience to the team. Our team handles all aspects of the analytics life cycle, including some data modeling, reporting, and traditional analytics.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst for the Business Intelligence team at Payability, you will be responsible for helping to build the data-driven decision-making culture throughout the organization. Youll work as part of a rapidly growing team in a fast-paced environment. You will help guide team members to make optimal decisions using your reporting, analysis and recommendations. You will also help build automation within our processes wherever possible to enable scalable growth. In this high impact role, you will have an opportunity to work with emerging technologies, while driving business intelligence solutions end-to-end: business requirements, workflow instrumentation, data modeling, ETL, reporting, and dashboarding. You are someone who loves data and has a strong business sense.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Partner with the business stakeholders and employees to define and design business intelligence solutions focused on optimizing the use of data in the organization while maximizing user-adoption and data literacy growth in the organization.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all key BI and data management policies and procedures, including those for BI/DW architecture, documentation required for the change control process as well as developing, maintaining and enforcing the data dictionary across the entire company..
- Act as a point of contact between various internal business units (Finance, Customer Service, Marketing, etc.), executive level stakeholders (CEO, CMO, CTO, etc.), and overall product management team for collecting and prioritizing incoming reporting needs. Provide training to stakeholders to independently generate reports and dashboards.
- Partner with technology counterparts (engineers, project managers) to understand Payabilitys underlying data structure to source data effectively to display to end-users and/or communicate necessary changes required to close data gaps.
- Oversee all aspects of data collection pipelines and replication of data to a data lake and data warehouse.
- Capable to single-handedly deliver reports out of data visualization tools (Looker, Google Data Studios, etc.) and/or database tools (PyCharm, etc.) for internal stakeholders, executive-level stakeholders, or for internal projects
- Appropriately display requested data in user-friendly consumable formats such as reports, graphs, dashboards in tools such as Heap, Looker, Data Studio.
- Regularly provide updates to stakeholders on outstanding requests and maintain a tight feedback loop.
- Leverage SQL to retrieve and analyze data from databases and practice ETL processes to manage large volumes of data.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Self-motivated and willing to quickly dive in to understand Payabilitys data structure, business model, and overall technology platform.
- Able to prioritize requests and stories according to overall company goals and manage expectations for the backlog of incoming requests.
- Capable of working with stakeholders to concisely define required solutions to meet stakeholder needs.
- Work extensively within data visualization tools and/or database tools to generate and deliver reports for stakeholders in a timely manner
- Partner with engineering to efficiently source data from the system and communicate gaps in data required in order to implement reporting.
- Manage and maintain any existing data visualizations within the data visualization tool.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics, or a related field
- 3+ years of SQL development and analytical experience
- Familiarity with data modeling, ETL, and/or data warehousing
- Experience with Redshift or BigQuery
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience using a BI tool like Looker, Tableau, Periscope, MicroStrategy etc
- Expert Excel / Google Sheets