Business Development/Account Manager- Central Alabama
Birmingham , AL 35242
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Work as a Business Development/Account Manager for a family owned industry leader. In business over 80 years, were known for unbeatable customer service and extensive employee training and support. Youll control your success while enjoying a combination of sales and account management, the security of a salary plus unlimited earning potential, and the flexibility of a home office.
Youll spend approximately 60% of your time managing and growing existing accounts. Working closely with customers, youll foster strong relationships, providing high levels of service and problem-solving. Customers will depend on your leadership and assistance with everything from marketing, to technical and creative issues. Youll become a mentor to both adults and youth, providing training and support one-on-one and to groups.
The rest of your time will focus on new business generation within a defined territory. Representing the fastest growing company in the industry, youll expand your account base through cold-calling, consultative selling and negotiating complex deals. Your efforts will be supported by on-the-job coaching, lead generation help, marketing resources, customer support assistance, and more.
Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of success generating new business as well as growing existing accounts. Experience leading or mentoring, managing projects or events, and creative problem-solving are all a plus.
- Expense account and car allowance
- Base salary plus bonuses and unlimited commissions
- Full benefits with medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k)
- Extensive training, support and on-the-job coaching
- iPad Pro, laptop, software, Salesforce CRM
- Work hard, play hard corporate culture
- Supportive environment, with the entire management team coming from the field and many employees staying until retirement.
- Meet and exceed sales quotas in assigned territory
- Maintain existing accounts, ensuring their success with projects and deadlines
- Creative problem solving, in a fast-pasted environment
- Virtual and face-to-face visits to grow market share and support existing accounts
- Become a well-rounded resource, enhancing your technical, creative and leadership skills
- Cold-call and network in the region to grow your reputation and account base
- Minimum of bachelors degree
- Competitive and driven personality, able to lead and coach others
- Sales experience, ideally consultative, with proven track record of success
- Computer literacy and ability to learn new, complex programs
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-pasted environment with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to establish home office and work independently
- Experience managing, mentoring, or in creative fields a plus
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle for daily travel
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and to pass a background chec