Business Development / Partnerships Director
New York , NY 10001
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Were on a mission to connect Americas leading problem solvers and to accelerate their work. We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
The Studio works with mission-aligned organizations to amplify their solutions-driven impact initiatives. The team creates compelling integrated campaigns, while leveraging synergies across NationSwells media platform (nationswell.com); and through our community of 900+ socially minded influencers and leaders via the NationSwell Council.
NationSwell is seeking a Business Development / Partnerships Director, who will work as part of our Partnerships team to design, market, and sell integrated campaigns and sponsorships to foundations, nonprofits, and Fortune 500 companies who are committed to scaling their social impact on mission-aligned work. They will work to forge new relationships with C-suite leaders, VPs and Directors, and to help steer partner conversations to proposals and contracts. This role reports directly into our Head of Partnerships on the Studio team.
Experience in lead generation at senior levels, proposal writing, pipeline management and a client-first mindset will all be success factors in this role.
This role could be a great fit if you are a(n):
- New Business Director / Partnerships Director at a growing agency or creative studio
- Development Director working on sponsorship opportunities with major nonprofits
HOW YOULL CONTRIBUTE
- Identify, build and nurture senior/executive-level partner relationships that lead to collaboration on issues that matter
- Leverage social impact landscape expertise to help inform prioritization of prospects and in the development of partnership concepts
- Strategize on the arc of the sale
- Craft winning proposals and pitch presentations, working closely with the Studio team to bring leads to close
- Work closely with the Accounts team to ensure proper handoff to set up projects for success; work with the Accounts team to strategically position the account for renewal
- Work with the Editorial and Council teams to continually improve our offering and sale to meet partners strategic objectives and best serve NationSwells long-term mission
- Represent NationSwell at conferences (our own and external)
- Ability to leverage an existing network of senior leaders in the social impact space
- 6-9 years of relevant experience and success working with large enterprise clients
- Substantial experience with lead generation that delivers lasting business partnerships
- Understanding of how large organizations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different companies and/large foundations/national nonprofits
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills
- Excited to grow within a fast-paced mission-driven, for-purpose social enterprise
- Bonus skills:
- Agency experience
- Startup experience
- Leadership and management experience
- Fluency in strategy, consulting, social impact, experience design, digital media, video, and social platforms
We have a flexible and remote working environment, an incredible, mission-driven team & worker friendly culture. We are proud to be a certified B Corporation.