Business Development Manager (Sales/Consulting) - Transparent Energy
Chicago , IL 60290
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Transparent Energy develops cutting edge energy procurement strategies and strategic risk management plans for large commercial and industrial clients in all deregulated territories. Our proprietary technology develops extensive energy analytics and provides a seamless reverse auction platform that delivers transparent solutions for continuous purchasing of electricity & natural gas contracts with third party energy suppliers. We have a culture of driven, entrepreneurial and goal-oriented professionals, and are currently heavily investing in scaling our proven sales processes and are quickly growing to be the leading energy consulting firm in the United States.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for learning and mastering our proprietary sales processes so they can continuously deliver the lowest prices and highest value to all customers. Post training, the BDM will be responsible for the entire sales lifecycle, focusing primarily on account acquisition. Applicants must be motivated to learn our holistic energy procurement process and have a burning desire to be part of a team that will be growing exponentially over the next few years. This is a ground floor opportunity where you will not only earn significant revenue but also have ample opportunity for advancement as we continue to invest and scale. Applicants must be creative and passionate when it comes to the energy markets. Our search for candidates focuses on those driven by a desire to be a dynamic voice of the company through energetic marketing and positive outreach to prospective clients. As part of our sales team, you will strive to deliver customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account retention. BDMs will be paired with associates, who will assist in lead development as well as qualified Trained channel partners will provide additional qualified leads.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Develop and implement sales plans/strategies to help penetrate target markets with our unique procurement/auction process.
- Manage a portfolio of clients through the entire energy procurement cycle initial meetings, closing accounts, renewing account.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, channel partner development, networking, social media outreach, telephone canvassing, face to face meetings with business owners, email, and networking.
- Offer consulting through general energy market education, cost analyses, savings reports, and commodities market updates.
- Sell consultatively through our proven sales process and provide executable strategies necessary to effectively conduct business.
- Analyze and assist customers in executing energy contracts among licensed suppliers in several regions to cater specifics to clients' needs.
- Take part in events to increase exposure such as seminars, trade shows, and networking events
- Follow up on new leads and referrals stemming from field activity
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts
- Use existing and future Transparent Energy internal software systems for pipeline management and sales progress reporting
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. undergraduate degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of B2B Sales experience required
- Superb multitasking ability
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with closing sales of energy solutions, energy software, or energy management services in the commercial, institutional, and or industrial markets.
- The ability to quickly identify and qualify sales opportunities to build and maintain a pipeline for new business
- Ability to illustrate ROI to C level decision makers, as well as interacting with facilities managers and engineers
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Previous Client Relationship Management (CRM) experience preferred
- No Relocation package will be offered
- No Visa sponsorships