As a key member of the Network Merchants LLC (NMI) sales team, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for acquiring and building new relationships with independent sales organizations (ISOs) within an assigned US based territory. Emphasis is on improving NMI market position and achieving revenue growth through new channel partner acquisition. The Business Development Manager activities will include managing a pipeline of inbound prospective partners, outbound prospecting, and assisting our Partner Success team with launching and onboarding new partners with the NMI product portfolio.
Whilst the ideal applicant would be able to work full time in either our Salt Lake City or Chicago office, we are also open to the potential of a remote working candidate.
- Acquire new partner relationships to expand market coverage and drive profitable revenue growth
- Achieve/exceed assigned sale quota and performance goals
- Evaluate partner capacity versus market opportunity and identify where partner acquisition is needed to fill coverage gaps
- Create and proactively manage partner prospect list while focusing time on highest value prospects to ensure sufficient short and long term business objectives
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making processes, and overcomes objections to generate and close new revenue through partner recruitment and acquisition
- Gain knowledge of and influence industry norms through participation in appropriate industry organizations
- Help the organization understand industry trends, growth opportunities and new product development opportunities by relaying partner and end user customer (e.g. merchants) needs and buying behavior
- Remain current and knowledgeable on all NMI products, software and services
- Maintain accurate and timely records for efficient reporting of sales and account management activities via written, oral and Salesforce.com updates as required
- Perform all other related tasks or duties as assigned
NMI develops the most trusted payment software for mobile, online and in-store that is relied on in 38 countries, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, Salt Lake City and New York, our payment technology powers millions of customers worldwide, ensuring they can take payments worth billions, securely and reliably. You've probably used our software when ordering a burger, paying for parking, buying something online or booking a train ticket - without even realising it!
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years sales experience focused on new customer or channel partner acquisition
- Proven ability to generate new revenue and meet or exceed sales quotas in a hunting oriented sales role
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics
- MUST have strong business acumen and hunter mentality with the ability to generate new business and effectively qualify new opportunities
- Results driven, energetic and entrepreneurial individual placing emphasis on the company goals and objectives
- Understand the value of cold calls and prospecting to successful sales performance and growing NMI market positioning
- Experience in payments/software products industry with focus on new account acquisition is a plus but not required
- Understand how to target opportunities based on total potential, likely profitability & probability of success
- Ability to build relationships and quickly develop trust with key personnel and executive leadership at partner organizations
- Able to communicate product features and benefits in a compelling way that provides proof of value to partners and end user customers
- Possess excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office applications
- Competitive salary and comission package
- 40 hours week with flexi-time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life, ADD, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k matching up to 4% after two months of service
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care/Transit and Commuting Account
- Vacation and Sick time
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Gym membership discount
- Fun Culture Events (March Madness tournament, 80's day, Chili Cook-off, summer/winter parties)
- Casual dress
Were looking for creative and passionate people who share our vision of making payments easy. If that sounds like you and you meet the requirements above, then get in touch!
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment and professional references to determine suitability. An offer will be subject to financial and criminal background checks.