Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Business Development Manager For Pipeline Integrity Consulting - USA
Denver , CO 80201
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
JANA is a rapidly growing engineering firm focused on improving the integrity of gas distribution and gas transmission pipeline systems through the application of advanced risk modeling technologies. An entrepreneurial company, we provide an exciting, dynamic and respectful work environment where you will be an important contributor to the JANA Team. Our Mission at JANA is Better Pipelines for a Better World we are true believers and inspire our employees to join us in this Mission!
We are expanding our Sales Team to support the rapidly increasing interest in our solutions driving our growth. JANAs Business Development Manager is focused on critical Sales Support that will help convert opportunities into project wins.
Location & Languages
Your client relationships will be focused in the US Gas Distribution market. Superior written and spoken language skills are essential as you will be client-facing and creating documentation as part of your role.
Your role will be based between your home location and client sites; as such, you can expect to be on the road 40-70% of the time visiting clients and attending relevant industry conferences and events. One of the key perks of being a Product Specialist is the flexibility around your role and location make your time work to suit you!
This is a broad role and our Business Development Manager plays a key part in JANAs Sales Cycle. Your primary responsibility is to ensure that JANA is able improve our Sales effectiveness, with specific focus in the following areas.
- Sales Support
- Client Meetings
- Develop presentation materials
- Lead software demonstrations and discussions regarding JANAs consulting services at Client Meetings
- Support Sales Managers with follow-up actions as required
- Proposals and RFPs
- Manage the Bid process for all proposals, market consultations and RFPs in your region
- Write and/or source all required inputs for bid documentation, often in conjunction with our Engineering and Implementation Teams (in Ontario)
- Answer follow-up questions and issue updates to proposals
- Demo Management
- Liaise with Sales Support for demo and script management for software proposals and RFPs
- Manage demo environments
- Occasionally develop custom demonstrations using prospect data
- Client Delivery
- Proof of Concepts and Pilots
- Support customer projects in conjunction with the JANAs Engineering and Implementation Teams
- Business Development
- Partner Development
- Manage partner demos / queries
- Support development of partner relationships
- Support Sales Managers with market research studies for assigned region
- Prospect identification and prospect management
- Attend conferences/trade shows and provide software demonstrations and consulting overviews at JANAs booth as required
- Coordinate local events for the Gas Distribution community with Regional Sales Managers and JANAs Marketing Team
JANA sells into an early-stage and growing market in Pipeline Integrity Management, Operations Optimization and Data Management. To be successful in this dynamic and changing environment, you will display some of these leadership qualities:
- A genuine interest in our market! We consider ourselves industry experts and our Product Specialists continually develop expertise in the Integrity Management domain, including understanding the business and technical challenges of our customers
- Understand and embrace JANAs Culture, Strategy and Vision
- Robust individual consulting skills
- Strong team spirit
- Able to innovate to create high value and bring forward new ideas
- Think laterally on the fly
- Passionate for recognizing opportunities that would enhance the value of JANAs solution
- A fast learner, open to new ideas
- Totally focused on the success of our team, partners and clients
- Communicate well with clients, partners, sales, marketing and JANAs leadership team
- Able to connect with clients to challenge their best thinking with your best thinking, to develop the exact solution that meets their needs.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Business minimum requirement
- 5-10 years experience in Sales, Project Management or related discipline
- Must have direct experience with Pipeline, Gas Distribution, Transmission, Storage and/or Midstream operations and engineering
- Speaking/Presenting: Clearly articulates the unique value that JANAs solutions provide to customers in terms that resonate
- Collaboration: Tough but fair, able to marshal and focus the efforts of internal and external teams to consistently achieve sales and project milestones
- Keen Interest: Deeply interested in how clients use JANAs technologies to solve business problems and make better decisions
- Creative Thinking: Generates innovative, out-of-the-box approaches and improved solutions
- Analytical Thinking: Summarizes information concisely and clearly identifies key elements, patterns, results or relationships; utilizes data to draw conclusions and make fact-based decisions
- Prioritization: Coordinates and organizes resources and people in efficient and effective ways to accomplish larger strategies and goals
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Access along with CRM systems (i.e. SalesForce)
- Willingness to travel 40 70% of the time
Why join us?
- Learning and development opportunities in a rapid growth cutting-edge environment
- Career advancement opportunities in an organization that invests in its employees
JANA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.