Join a fast-growing, privately held company with global reach and help expand our roster of A-list corporate clients all over the world!
Rapid Manufacturing is seeking an individual with a track record of success selling wire and cable harnesses to join us as a new Business Development Manager. This is an outstanding opportunity for well-connected industry professionals to be rewarded for leveraging their network and achieving results. Our unique compensation plan sets top performers up for major success.
The successful candidate will be responsible for directing and generating new business sales revenue. Provide leadership in the planning and implementation of market and new customer penetration strategies in order to cultivate and capture new business opportunities. Highly motivated, aggressive hunter with in-depth knowledge and experience in cable assemblies industry. This is a remote-based position reporting to Anaheim, CA HQ from various U.S. metro markets.
Cable/Connector industry experience required
- Develops qualified prospects through cold calling, telemarketing, networking and other opportunities.
- Develop lists of prospects from directories, trade and professional association publications internet and other public information.
- Establish knowledge of company products/services, markets, and customers.
- Schedules appointments, prepare and present technical marketing presentations to potential customers.
- Maintain individual contact records and logs regarding leads.
Lead Lifecycle Management:
- Determine the appropriate next steps for each contact (escalation, further cultivation, tracking, and managing to closure).
- Analyze and understand customer strategies, future product plans, and expansion activities to develop penetration strategies for new business opportunities.
- Participate in program transitions to ensure customer needs are understood.
- Support new program contract negotiations and transition to sales development.
- Converts a prospect to a customer. This is typically achieved through the completion and execution of a service agreement and other forms necessary to begin service.
Sales Coordination and Organization:
- Assist with developing strategic plans to generate sales leading to increased market share.
- Guides and execute successful penetration strategies of the company into the target markets and into leading companies within these markets.
- Provide liaison between sales, customers, and internal company resources for new business pursuit.
- Acquire knowledge of competition, their products, and markets.
- Create and generate business development reports.
- Effectively brief and leverage executives on strategy and tactics to enhance customer relationships and consummate deals.
-Provides monthly report detailing the status of the annual plan by market with appropriate commentary regarding successes, failures, obstacles, and imminent actions.
- Maintain positive company image.
- Seven plus years of progressive experience in business development roles; electronics contract manufacturing and in cable assemblies experience.
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with VPs, Directors, and Engineers setting appointments and nurturing account relationships to lead generation.
- Excellent consultative selling skills.
- Excels at finding and closing new business in a competitive marketplace.
- Excellent Cross-functional and personal communication skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills.
- Strong Planning, organizational and time management.
- Effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Able to interact with all levels of complex organizations.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Attention to details and follow-up.
- BSEE degree or BSME with some electronic product development.
- Must have held individual quota goals in previous positions and a proven track record.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Competitive drive / Over-achiever
- Results oriented / Sense of urgency.
- Willingness to travel
Comprehensive benefits. Rapid Manufacturing builds custom cable assemblies, with more than 40 years experience, providing customers with the highest quality products and services available in the Electronics Cable Industry.
Widger Talent LLC