Business Development Director (Research Site Network/Cro)
Raleigh , NC
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
M3 Wake Research, Inc. is one of the largest independent clinical research site services companies in North America. M3 Wake Research has more than 18 owned and managed research sites across 8 states in the US and continues to grow. Due to continued growth and expansion, we are seeking a Business Development Director to join our Raleigh, NC sales team.
The Business Development Director will present and promote our investigational site network services and solutions to potential clients. This will include new accounts, new business opportunities at existing accounts, and new marketing opportunities with the objective of establishing long term, mutually beneficial business partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successful candidates will be self-starters, with responsibilities and talents including but not limited to the following:
- Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
- Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan and follows up on leads.
- Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
- Sells the business units/sites capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
- Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
- Sets and manages customer expectations.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizes and hosts client visits.
- Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
- Responsible for opportunity management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Collaborates effectively with sales executives to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
- Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
- Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
- Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts
- Leads client presentations.
Sales Management of External Opportunities
- Prospect for new business through traditional sales activities such as cold calling
- Develop and begin implementing new business strategies focusing on priorities to "close" new business
- Further existing strategies and develop new strategies to increase revenue and profitability from existing customers
- Penetrate high revenue pharmaceutical and clinical research organizations (CROs) resulting in increased number of studies and sites volume
- Provide the vision and necessary hands-on leadership to take advantage of the company's growth opportunities
- Partner and Collaborate with other WR business units such as RMA, Clinical OPS and Site Start Up to ensure penetration of the company services into our customers
- Utilize Salesforce to manage accounts, opportunities, contacts and all corresponding activities Assessment of Customers
- Conduct market intelligence through available BD softwares and networks of internal and external contacts to identify and create opportunities for growth
Business / Strategic Planning
Develop an annual business plan and assist management in developing the annual individual and team goals for assigned accounts.
Evaluate account performance quarterly and hold frequent strategic discussions with cross-functional teams
Other duties will include working with key internal parties to identify promising segments or technologies, and evaluating strategic fit and potential for operational synergy Budget Responsibilities:
- BS in Business, Marketing, or Life Science (MBA preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience Experience
- 5+ years of sales experience selling site or CRO services directly to the Site Network/IRB/life sciences/research, pharmaceutical, and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
- Advanced clinical research industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
- Effective interpersonal selling skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong verbal (listening and understanding, responding and speaking) and written communication skills
- Proficient in using CRM systems (preferably Salesforce.com)
- Possess a solid understanding of the clinical research industry, preferably in site space understanding of human research protection
- Effective at working remotely
- Focus and attention to tasks and responsibilities
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid time off
- Advancement and career opportunities